Main Menu

Porsche Driver Dies on 341 Hill Climb This Weekend

Started by A DRAGON, June 29, 2010, 11:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

I saw the local news of a man who drove his Porsche off the road on the V.C. Truck Route this weekend. I don't know any specifics. But my mind is running wild of all the things I think he could have done. So I guess I need to know more first. Ryan ( Coco Bear ) Was up there with his Corvette. I'll ask him first. Maybe he knows something the news didn't say. I like Ryan's versions they have more truth than bull. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

VIRGINA CITY, Nev. (AP) - A 37-year-old race car driver from Las Vegas was killed when his Porsche slid off a curvy, mountain highway in Nevada that had been closed to traffic for a sanctioned speed race near the historic mining town of Virginia City.

Alexander Djordjevic (JOHR'-juke) died Saturday afternoon while
competing in the Speed by Spectre 341 Challenge.
Click here to find out more!

State trooper Chuck Allen says Djordjevic was wearing a seat belt and helmet. But he says the silver 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo was traveling at an "extremely high rate of speed" before it rolled down an embankment off state Highway 341 southeast of Reno.

The sponsor, Spectre Performance, had billed the race as pitting "the world's fastest street cars against the clock in a full throttle blast up a mountain road."

An investigation continues.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justino

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 29, 2010, 11:03:58 AM
But my mind is running wild of all the things I think he could have done.
No need to create a mystery just to try to solve it.  
He failed to keep his car on the roadway and he died.  

http://www.carzi.com/2010/06/27/vralexander-dead-spectre-341-challenge-accident/
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

n10sive

you have to love the comments on that webpage. Guy wasn't well liked.

The onboard video is cool stuff
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justino

When Enough people have lots bad things to say, there's gotta be some truth to the message.
The video of him driving around Beverly Hills shows him to be complete tool.

Either way,
Sorry he died, sorry for his family.

mikey

OMG that guy is some what popular in Porsche scene I have seen him on super cars a few times and on hot import nights.  wow that really sucks  :'( 
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

A DRAGON

Yeah that really sucks. I couldn't see a roll bar in his car on the news. Justino said that Dustin was there and he did have a Roll bar.

Weird thing. I also heard he had ask Ryan ( Coco Bear ) to take that run with him. He declined :o
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justino

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 30, 2010, 11:16:34 PM
Justino said that Dustin was there and he did have a Roll bar.

Weird thing. I also heard he had ask Ryan ( Coco Bear ) to take that run with him. He declined :o

I didn't say any such thing.

I don't know anything of where Dustin was, or what he saw.

A DRAGON

I'm sorry Justin. I thought at the bar it was you who said that. Maybe I was wrong. Anyway just for some knowledge I thought is was you. No problem.  ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justino

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 01, 2010, 01:39:23 PM
I'm sorry Justin. I thought at the bar it was you who said that. Maybe I was wrong. Anyway just for some knowledge I thought is was you. No problem.  ;)
Not 'Maybe'
Perhaps you're thinking of Andrei.  
Just don't like being involved in 'rumors' especially when I don't know any ;)

(I sound like Zoran. . .
. . .Tranformation almost complete!)

Team Gorgonzola

I'm sorry Justin. I thought at the bar it was you who said that. Maybe I was wrong. Anyway just for some knowledge I thought is was you. No problem.  ;)
Andrei is probably the one, the guy apparently ask Ryan and his family first then some other people that were there. I guess no one felt like going. I would have jumped at the chance of going fast on a Porsche.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

bfitforriding

I'I've collected a lot of swords in my day from all those would be Dragon Slayers. My collection just keeps getting bigger. Are you next?b]

Think you will take care of this yourself.  Ha Ha.  Have fun with your swords.