Main Menu

Techy gurus i need help.

Started by rick07r6, April 08, 2010, 06:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick07r6

I got the sd card back for my gopro hd camera, and am trying to salvage the video from when i crashed last weekend. what happened was the crash knocked the camera off and ejected the card out while it was recording. so essentially there is a good video there but it didnt write the final coding. I did some googling and havent found anything solid to work with. if anyone knows how to save this file please help. there is some pretty solid you tube material here.

RedLeader

depends on the file format the video was saved in. check up on that the look into video  recovery for that file type.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

n10sive

your video is lost. Same thing happened during my crash. The camera buffers a few seconds of video before it commits it to the card. Best I could do is recover the file by using a freeware AVS program to force an 'end of record' in the format to get all the video up to a few seconds before the crash.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

zipbyu

n10sive

further info. I downloaded AVS4YOU to repair my damaged video. It comes with a 30 day license but that was good enough for what I needed.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

His crash took many seconds.  we'll be able to see quite a bit (according to some eyewitness reports.