Main Menu

SSA Scheduled Ride May 10th Mother's Day

Started by A DRAGON, May 07, 2009, 12:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvgixxer

How were the road conditions guys? I gather from reading through this thread that there is still traces of sand in the higher elevations north of Sierraville ?
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

D1NO

Still some sand but otherwise not bad... Great meeting everybody for SSA's first ride..

Sheldontoxicman

Quote from: nvgixxer on May 11, 2009, 07:56:24 AM
How were the road conditions guys? I gather from reading through this thread that there is still traces of sand in the higher elevations north of Sierraville ?

There was sand not bad. Snow melt put some water on the road and the higher elevations. But i thank all the way around it was a sweet ride. 8)

Sheldontoxicman

Quote from: ghostridernv on May 10, 2009, 09:01:41 PM
Had a good time today, and it was nice to meet/ride with all of you.  Sorry I had to cut out at Graeagle.  Attached is a link to a few pics and vids of the group at Sierraville.  Will get some better shots next time.
Regards,
ghostridernv (1200 GSA)
Pat

http://mckenna.smugmug.com/gallery/8170561_QPYuX/1/533403314_Lce5F

password is ssa1

Nice shots. a ride to remeber. thanks Pat. 8)

A DRAGON

Wow! :) I had such a good time with everyone. It was perfect going over Gold Lake Rd. Yes a little sandy but very cool in the snow. I didn't even get cold.

Thanks for everyone putting up with me trying to keep our ride organized. 25 bikes is a lot to keep track of. No close calls to CHP stops. We saw at least 6 out and they all had someone else pulled over or they just watched us go by.

Dino so nice to have you on a ride. I know your always pretty busy. We'll have to sit at the popular table next time huh?

Kye Your G/F was fantastic. A newbie that got what we were trying to say. I was so happy with the way she rode within her limits and just rode. She can ride with me anytime.  ;D

To all that helped thanks again your the ones who make this club so nice to be around.

I have to comment on our lunch stop in Sierra City. That place was so nice with the water fall running through our area. Wow!!!! We've been riding through there for over 11 years and never stopped. We won't do that again. Maybe we can go from I-80 to Nevada City to Sierra City for lunch the next time so we can get there later.  The staff was so accommodating. Regina said the Latte was wonderful. Maybe we can meet there for breakfast or something to.  ;D They were  so nice.

Thanks again to all who came out. Remember we have AMA  at Infineon next weekend and World Superbike the following weekend.  So I will miss the Sunday ride for the next 2 Sundays but will be back after that. Hopefully I'll see you all at Infineon.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Sheldontoxicman

Quote from: bansheeseat$$ on May 10, 2009, 04:28:47 PM
I would like to thank all today with being patiant with My G/F on the red ninja 250 and for making her feel welcome.She is very much appreciative of all of you who where nice to her..And I would like to add that being my first ride with the SSA also it was alot of fun and I look forward to going again. And My new tires have defenantly got the new worn off now lol..

Bro,
Let the G/F know that it was a goodtime. She rides at a nice click for me. I am still getting to know my bike on those winding roads and for me it was nice to have her and Ron for some company (BTW I was the fat guy on the Vmax). I hope you and the G/F come out and ride agian. I had a goodime. :)

bansheeseat$$

Quote from: Sheldontoxicman on May 11, 2009, 04:38:14 PM
Bro,
Let the G/F know that it was a goodtime. She rides at a nice click for me. I am still getting to know my bike on those winding roads and for me it was nice to have her and Ron for some company (BTW I was the fat guy on the Vmax). I hope you and the G/F come out and ride agian. I had a goodime. :)

I will let her know and Thank you for Riding with her at that pace You allowed me to have some fun and I didn't have to worry about her on the road alone. 8)
Mental note:Don't drag knees with jeans on!!!

bansheeseat$$

Quote from: A DRAGON on May 11, 2009, 10:20:01 AM

Kye Your G/F was fantastic. A newbie that got what we were trying to say. I was so happy with the way she rode within her limits and just rode. She can ride with me anytime.  ;D

Thanks Jerome,I figured my day was over and your pep talk save the day for me and She was glad that she kept going and had fun.And that is the whole point of riding is to have fun..

Kai..
Mental note:Don't drag knees with jeans on!!!

yzinger

Jerome do we have a schedule for future rides yet???

D1NO

Quote from: A DRAGON on May 11, 2009, 10:20:01 AM

Dino so nice to have you on a ride. I know your always pretty busy. We'll have to sit at the popular table next time huh?

I knew i sat at the wrong table.. ;D Great turnout.. Hope to be making more of these...

A DRAGON

Yes, I just have to get it posted.   
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: n10sive on May 10, 2009, 11:31:20 PM
the mineral deposits can eventually damage your radiator by plugging up the arterials. That is why you want to run distilled.

Thanks Dale. I'm gonna take the "CALISTOGA" off tomorrow...  ;D ;D ;D

**Ninja**

Hello All, This is Lida the one on the lil Red Ninja that went for the ride with you all, i wanted to say thank you so much for letting me join your ride, and a very big thank you to Jerome for encouraging me all the way and giving me some great tips and reminders of what i had learned in class but had slipped my mind, and the guys that stayed behind with me thanks again !!!!! i really had a nice time. That was my longest ride i had ever been on but it was great. I just started riding a year ago and have only been out maybe a dozen time so i am still a newbie but i am sure with time i'll get faster and better, but i will always ride within my means. And a big thank you to all for making me fill welcome, i was glad Kai got to ride with the fast guys and i look forward to riding again with you all........... Lida(**Ninja**)

Sheldontoxicman

Ninja,
It was fun riding with you has well. I personally thank you did great. I had alot fun riding with you. I am looking forward to the next ride. 8)

Justin

you BASTARDS. i couldn't be more jealous!