Main Menu

2006 GSXR 1000 not starting (fixed)

Started by mase, March 10, 2010, 08:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mase

I went down on in November.  Just got the bike up and going or so I thought.  The oil came out.  Anyway I've replaced the oil and the bike wont start.  The battery is good and the instrument panel lights up fine.  I can't find a diognostic code of any sort when it turns on.  I've been told they have a Lean Angle sensor and an Oil pressure sensor that could have cut off the motor when I went down.

How do you reset those, If that is the problem.  If it's not anyone have any other ideas as to why it wont start.  Any help would be great.
Sean Mason

Oneup

Stupid question:  Is the kill switch on?

Is the starter turning?  Or is it not doing anything when you hit the button.

The lean angle sensor could be bad, unplugged, or loose and "leaning".  I'd check that first.  There is no resetting it, you just have to get it upright.  Not sure about the oil pressure sensor but if you don't have a code then it is probably not the problem.  Did the clipons and switches get damaged.  The Suzukis require the clutch to be in to start and if you broke the clutch switch you won't be able to start the bike.

02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Justin

I have had to turn on and off the key 5 times to reset the tip over sensor, but i'm not sure which brand that was on.

Try it.
Laugh your ass off if it works.

mase

The kill switch is on "run"  hehe

The bike doesn't turn over. No click like a low battery, nothing.  It's just like you were trying to start it witht he kickstand down. (Yes the kickstand has been removed but the wires were connected back onto eachother to complete the circuit.)  It may be a clutch problem; I can't get the tire to spin while in gear and having the clutch pulled in. Sort of like it does not dis-engage.  But it feels like there is proper resistance when I pull in the clutch lever.

I have a feeling it is somethign really easy and stupid I'm looking over.  It was a slow lowside and the bike never flopped.   I can't see to much damage happening.  The controls didn't get damaged.  The clutch lever was bent but only at the end.
Sean Mason

ctab01

On some of those models there is a breaker switch under the tail next to the relay pack, try that and see if it helps.

RedLeader

Tilt switch... I had a friend go down on an 08 GSXR 1000... (Jim the "Old Man" who is on the Bussa now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5VMVVIEmBMyoutube) and it wouldn't start so we reset his kill switch. we had to disconnect the battery on it and wait a few min to reset the system before we reconnected it. worked fine and drove off.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

Justin

Not if it gets stuck.  Look at my link

mase

I looked at the link.  That is interesting.  Something I may need to do.  U had the battery unhooked all night and when I got home from work I got it started.  I may have been that, it also has something to do with the sensor at the clutch lever.  If I pull the little button out just a touch when the lever is pulled in it starts.  So I think I mught need to replace that.

But I got it to start.

Thanks for all of the ideas. It was much appriciated.

Now I'm looking forward to getting back on the track.

Sean Mason

Justin

silicone that thing. it looks easy to do :)

RedLeader

Quote from: Justino on March 12, 2010, 12:11:24 AM
Is that the kick stand kill switch? i know many people bypass it, but be careful you don't take off with the kick down... makes for nasty left turns...
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

Justin

Quote from: RedLeader on March 12, 2010, 12:21:07 AM
Quote from: Justino on March 12, 2010, 12:11:24 AM
Is that the kick stand kill switch? i know many people bypass it, but be careful you don't take off with the kick down... makes for nasty left turns...
my link is for the faulty tip over sensor.  Click the link.