Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Stator?

Started by live2ride, January 31, 2010, 01:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live2ride

Hey so I am looking at buying a track bike on BARF, heres the bike

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301559

But the only thing is it doesnt have the stator.  I wont have a generator so I couldnt charge the bike and was wondering how hard the stator would be to replace myself.  

Also what are your opinions on the bike?  It seems to me like a pretty good deal.  If he still has it.
I live life like the captain of a sinking ship

zipbyu

A stator is easy to replace, and not that expensive.  Get the bike to 100% or don't buy it. 
It is a O.K. deal, you know the bike has been ridden hard, and is a little dated.  I look at barf too and a couple more $$$ will get you a lot newer bike. 

live2ride

Ya looks at most $100 for a stator.  I figure I could sell most of the stuff I dont already need and get it down to $1500 or less.  Still a good deal? It will be my first track bike so I dont want to pour too much money into it since Im sure ill want to convert my gixxer to track later on.  

zipbyu

I dont think he will come down that easy, judging by the dates he had came down every 3 months.  That shows patience, it has been for sell sence july.  For your first race bike, not so bad.  You might need a new batt too, has been sitting for a while.

live2ride

Oh I meant I would sell them.  But he already has someone for the tire warmers so if those sell He'd take 200 off.  But I dont need a rear stand, the other wheels, could sell the dampner if I really wanted to get it down.  I dont know what else he has too.  Ya he said it needed a battery so ill ask if he will take off maybe $50 bucks or something.

I was looking at other track bikes and most 03 looks like $3500-$4000 range.

I have a week and a half to think about it.  Before he starts parting it out.

live2ride

I'd like something newer but maybe. 

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310482

This one would be awesome if still for sale and my tax return would come sooner :(.

TWF

why buy 10 + years old bike when you can buy my 07 gsxr  ;D
You almost have money for it :)

live2ride

TWF-
I saw that and im seriously debating it if i can come up with the mula.

2wcp

Quote from: TWF on February 02, 2010, 10:03:28 AM
why buy 10 + years old bike when you can buy my 07 gsxr  ;D
You almost have money for it :)

yea what he said! I personally wouldn't get that R6, old and beat up motor. Carbs need to be gone through, new battery and stator. Yea it has extras. But you cant get plenty of newer bikes for around $3000.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

live2ride

Okay okay ill just wait and see if any good deals come up.  Maybe ill just take my gixxer to the track.