Main Menu

New Rider - South Shore

Started by d-rider, September 20, 2011, 08:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d-rider

Hello,

I live on the South Shore of Lake Tahoe, Nevada side and looking for Sportbike folks to ride with.  Ride a 2000 CBR F4 Carbureted, which was recently put back together after four years sitting in a garage.  The Saturday Yosemite ride looks interesting.  Where and what time?  Also will anyone go to Street Vibrations or is that just for Harley riders (??)

dub

Hey d-rider,

I'm in South Lake too.  I ride most weekends that I'm not at the racetrack.  I'm committed the next two weekends, but I'm hoping the weather stays nice through October so I can get a couple more Sunday rides in.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

:rotflmao

I just got it.

Welcome to SSA d-rider.  I'm b-rider.

I'm still planning on going, but not leading our final ride.

Through my extended work family I'm crashing at a cabin down in Mammoth for Friday evening and I'll be driving it instead of riding it.

My goal is to somehow score Half-Dome climb permits.  I don't have them, but I have a way where I might be able to get some.  I don't think it's possible to ride and climb Half-Dome in the same day, unless you're a conditioned tri-athlete, hiking all day and willing to leave and return to Reno in the dark.  With as many deer hazards as there have been this year, it's another reason why I'm driving...and if I'm driving, I might as well get closer to Yosemite so I can spend more time there.

BTW, now that you're on SSA and without a planned Sunday ride, you're welcome to create your own.  See the 2011 Group Ride schedule for group ride structure or ride ideas.  I know one other rider that had already mentioned riding on Sunday.  Create a new thread and see what comes up.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.