Main Menu

Miller still wants volunteers for WSBK

Started by independent, May 18, 2010, 07:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

independent

If anyone is interested in seeing the World Superbike races for free, just sign up to be a cornerworker!  No experience needed, they provide training at the track.  Mostly they need lots of live bodies.  I've done it twice & will do it again in a couple weeks, it's a great way to be part of the event.  There's only two negatives-cornerworker camping is on asphalt instead of grass (not sure if that'll change for this year), and you generally get stuck on one corner for the weekend, so no wandering the track watching from different places.  Oh, well!  Here's the email they just sent out.

Miller Motorsports Park Seeking Volunteers for  World Superbike Weekend

TOOELE VALLEY, UTAH (May 3, 2010) — It's one thing to attend a major racing event. It's another thing entirely to be a part of the action yourself, to work behind the scenes to help create one of the most significant events of the year. Miller Motorsports Park is seeking volunteers in a variety of specialties to work during the Lucas Oil Utah USA Round of the FIM Superbike World Championship presented by HANNspree, May 29-31, 2010.

Volunteers are needed to serve in the following capacities:

* Flag Marshals
    * Track Marshals
    * Hospitality Host/Hostess
    * Volunteer Coordinator
    * Logistics

A great incentive package has been created for volunteers who want to be a part of the only appearance by the Superbike World Championship in the western hemisphere. The package includes free camping; free breakfast, lunch and dinner for all three days; and daily incentives, include t-shirts, hats, water bottles, raincoats, race tickets, discounted tickets for the Saturday-night concert (Foreigner, Styx and Kansas), and a thank-you dinner and gift to wrap up the weekend on Monday, May 31.

This season is proving to be one of the most interesting and competitive in the history of the Superbike World Championship. Don't miss your chance to be a part of all the excitement and to create memories that will last a lifetime from the best seat in the house.

To sign up as a volunteer, visit           http://millermotorsportspark.com/contact/volunteer/.

Rick Bay (BRA)

independent

They'll let you do that, whatever time you have available you can work.

Remember that because of the holiday, raceday is on monday this year.

karneybo

I'd love to do it my self.  My nieces graduation is that week and i still dont know if I'll be able to get a ticket to go, If I don't Im in.
Carney