Main Menu

Question About Keigwins.

Started by KKM, October 28, 2011, 05:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KKM

I am thinking about taking a two day class from Keigwins. This would cover the basic introduction to the track. Has any body been to one of there classes or heard anything about them?
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

GreenMachine

I'm no help on this at all, but I've heard of these classes, as I'm sure many of the track riders have too....if they'll just get online and post up...ADRAGON.   :P

Kev, have you read Keigwins info about this on their site?  I thought I saw something to that affect when I was putting together this year's calendar.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

If you're a decent rider on the street, you'll do just fine in "C" group. Most TP have instructors and are happy to provide pointers and answers. I never done a class and learned at my own pace.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

JeffW

I've taken the Keigwins Novice School and then later did the Intermediate School twice. The schools are very good and you'll get a lot out of them. I think you will find that it is money well spent. You can also do the Zoom Zoom C group where you get instruction combined with a normal track day.

youngster775

Kiegwins offers the instruction/help/introduction to the class at thier trackdays. I say, always take advantage of all the pointers and instruction you can get. How much is the 2 day class? My vote is for take the class  :thumbup
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Oneup

Yes the schools will go over the basic introduction to the track.  The novice schools basically start at the beginning and work with you for two days to develop your skills. 

With Keigwins you can't always get instruction at their track days.  To be guaranteed instruction you must attend the schools.  The schools are a little bit more expensive but they are a great way to learn.  Lances schools give you lots of attention including one on one with some of the best riders in the west coast.

If you can't afford a two day school another great option is to do a track day with Zoom Zoom.  They offer instruction all day and classroom sessions for novice riders.  It won't be as in depth as a Keigwins day but will still be a great experience.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

KKM

It looks like the two day school for $590. is a fair deal with Keigwins. If what I learn there keeps me out of trouble even once it is money well spent. It would seem the next step would be a track day or two. I hope this winter is not as long as last year. It looks like I will be going down to Pilot in So Cal to be measured for a two piece suit next month. For now it is back to the dirt.
PS: I had a great time riding with you guys this summer & look forward to this coming year.
Kevin

2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

CptnHornblower

Hi Kev - I've done maybe a half dozen track days with Kegwins. I think they do a good job, well run and fair to you if you need to cancel a track day. I'm signed up with them for track days on May 7 and 8. Sign up and we can put your bike in my trailer and go over together. Are you doing any dirt biking?
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

n10sive

Kegwins has a new owner this year. One of their instructors and AFM racers bought Lance out.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dub

Quote from: n10sive on January 12, 2012, 07:57:00 PM
Kegwins has a new owner this year. One of their instructors and AFM racers bought Lance out.

Are you sure your not thinking of PTT?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

KKM

Hi Bruce,
I am heading out to Nightingale this sunday again. Great riding. This is east of Fernley about 30 min. Let me know if you want to get some dirt riding in.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

n10sive

Quote from: dub on January 13, 2012, 12:28:36 AM
Are you sure your not thinking of PTT?

oops. You're right  :-\

Sucks to get old and lose your mind LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

CptnHornblower

Quote from: n10sive on January 12, 2012, 07:57:00 PM

I emailed Lance and ask him about that, he said it's not true. His daughter and her husband Michael Earnst (sp?) owned Pacific Track Time and sold it to an employee. Lance still ownes Kegwin's.
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.