Main Menu

V.C Truck Route

Started by dub, July 28, 2010, 08:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

I went for a ride this afternoon; I had been told hwy 341 was a cool road, so I decided to go check it out.  

First I got stuck in traffic on 50 about 5 miles before the 50/341 junction.  Someone got rear ended I think; carson valley heat + full leathers + stop and go traffic = bleh.

Then for my next lovely surprise I found there is construction on 341.  They are repaving from the 50/341 junction to the Storey County line.  I'm not exactly sure of the process that's going on there, but it was fresh, gooey asphalt, but not smoothed out, like one giant tar snake.  Then there was pea sized gravel on top that my tires were shooting everywhere.  Not super fun.  

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is an FYI to anyone who didn't know the truck route is mostly out of commission for the time being.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

sparkygixxer

I probably saw you.  I went up Mount Rose, around the Lake to Kingsbury then back through the Truck Route, yeah, wasn't that oil and gravel nice.   NOT! 

If you do rides during the week we gotta get together.  I don't have anything (job/school) till end of August, so if I'm in town riding is my sport of choice!

dub

Quote from: sparkygixxer on July 28, 2010, 08:39:05 PMIf you do rides during the week we gotta get together.  I don't have anything (job/school) till end of August, so if I'm in town riding is my sport of choice!

Absolutely.  I'm off work tomorrow and was planning on going for a ride.  I don't have a route in mind, but lets meet up and find some twisties.

Out of curiosity, what happens at the end of August.

Is there anyone else out there in SSA land that want to ride tomorrow?

GreenMachine

I'm getting a new chain put on tomorrow and I have to work. 

Were either of you guys thinking of going to Garnerville for SSA South's Thursday night outing?  I know, it's probably too much to pack into one day, but for me, it'll be the earliest I can break away.

So if I don't see you guys until Sunday, have fun while the rest of us working stiffs whistle away.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

I don't think we have anything planned for this Thursday GM. Everyone has been kind of gone on vacation, work etc.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

Trinie and Dub. Let's do a ride next week. I'd love to do that.  Those poor working stiffs. Let's ride by them and flip them off.   >:( >:(  Do you think we'll get it back?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 28, 2010, 10:41:48 PM
Trinie and Dub. Let's do a ride next week. I'd love to do that.  Those poor working stiffs. Let's ride by them and flip them off.   >:( >:(  Do you think we'll get it back?

Sounds good.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: dub on July 28, 2010, 09:02:01 PM
Absolutely.  I'm off work tomorrow and was planning on going for a ride.  I don't have a route in mind, but lets meet up and find some twisties.

Out of curiosity, what happens at the end of August.

Thursday I've gotta be back home by 1pm.  We can fit a little ride in there if we meet up at 9am.  Check your pm.

I start Nursing School back up in the Fall.  Full time + clinicals = My a$$ busy!

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 28, 2010, 09:51:27 PM
So if I don't see you guys until Sunday, have fun while the rest of us working stiffs whistle away.
Roger, Rodger! :P

Adiggity

Those poor working stiffs. Let's ride by them and flip them off.   >:( >:(  Do you think we'll get it back?
Umm....yes. Your getting one back right now as a matter of fact!  :P

A DRAGON

Let's pick a day we don't have to be home so early.  ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 29, 2010, 11:22:53 AM
Let's pick a day we don't have to be home so early.  ;D

Clear your schedule next Thursday, Trinie.  For someone with nothing to do you sure have a lot to do :P

Jp_Rio

Ops... I guess you just got the second one! From a limping guy, which makes it even better!!!  8)
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

wills

Someone has to work to pay the taxes which only partially pay for this wonderful "change" >:(
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

A DRAGON

Well I wait 8 years for the trickle down theory.    I'm still waiting :D :D The whole country almost went bankrupt. Do you think that trickle is going to be enough.  :D :D :D  OK No more politics.  :'( :'(

We're going to have a nice ride though. I was talking with Wills and Trinie and it looks like Monitor is going to be our ride on next Friday. If nothing comes up.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750