Started by scotinexcile, May 26, 2010, 08:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotinexcile

I am turning into a Motard hooligan  ;D

Looking for some instruction on getting wheelies right with the DRZ

I already have the first steps down

1. Find Police Officer
2. Rev engine right in front of him\her

I need help on step 3 which would be something like.....3. Pull super impressive wheelie which makes said office clap his\her hands in appreciation  ;D

Anyone know how to teach a newbie like me to wheelie without killing myself or getting a ticket?  ;D

youngster775

I know just the guy for you! I think he's the best around at wheelies....... Calling PUTZ to the stage.... ;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

MotoPutz

Yeah, I can probably teach you... we could learn in the dirt if you want, no cops... I so happen to have a spare RMZ 250 at my house right now...

bkrblood

ok so what bout getting the front end up on my gixer?
John Bovet

MotoPutz

getting it up is the easy part... its getting it to stay there without looping that is the trick    ;)

scotinexcile

Quote from: bkrblood on May 26, 2010, 08:54:13 AM
ok so what bout getting the front end up on my gixer?

On the GSXR the trick is getting it down without breaking the front end off the bike

scotinexcile

Quote from: Putz on May 26, 2010, 08:51:34 AM
Yeah, I can probably teach you... we could learn in the dirt if you want, no cops... I so happen to have a spare RMZ 250 at my house right now...

Whatever is easiest for you. I can bring gas and beer as payment  ;D ;D

MotoPutz

Beer and wheelies... sounds like a good time!! Let me finish getting over this cold I have and we will plan something

youngster775

From my understanding, you DONT want to use the clutch to wheelie. It's too hard on the clutch. instead you want to use the powerband, momentum, and suspension.
I always was slapping the clutch and they get expensive....
PUTZ, please elaborate WHEELIE 101  ;)
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

zipbyu

Can I come on my motard too.  We can loop them together.

n10sive

The infamous "Yut Ugh" video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4F94DnATY

and this one does a good job of explaining it too :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97Ud7XMigw
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

Quote from: youngster775 on May 26, 2010, 12:03:57 PM
From my understanding, you DONT want to use the clutch to wheelie. It's too hard on the clutch. instead you want to use the powerband, momentum, and suspension.
I always was slapping the clutch and they get expensive....
PUTZ, please elaborate WHEELIE 101  ;)
Nobody is doing roll on wheelies with the DRZ's 30hp to the rear wheel (at sea-level)
It's all clutch.

2 Smoke (Bryant)

I can get a roll on wheelie on my RM 250 on the asfault with out the clutch, and it might make 30 hp at the tire.
Throttle therapy:  Live to ride. Ride for life.

MotoPutz

Clutching up a wheelie is common but will burn your clutch pretty quick. Paul us right, all you should need is throttle, body position and suspension.