Main Menu

Where should I buy tires?

Started by Tahoebrian5, September 28, 2009, 03:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I'm kinda leaning towards the PP 2ct's but would be open to suggestion for a good price. Anyone know where to get on the cheap? I had a friend tell me he can get me a set of batalax's (he said sticky race tires but not sure what model)  for $250 a set
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

$250?  That's unreal!  If that's for real, fill us in on your connection.  Call around.  You may have the best deal going.

Just installed a Battlax BT021 set on mine Fri at RMS.  For comparison, I took the rims to them and asked for the SSA discount ~5%, $330 total.  They have other tires there too and ordered tires take about 24 hours.  The KTM guys said they could order stuff at a discount and they did some other service for me at a reasonable price.

I have 400 miles on the new set.  This is the third BT021 rear, they last 8K-10K.  Burned though a bunch of other dual compound fronts.  Last was a BT016 and it was the best wearing and about the longest lasting of them so far.  The new front is sticking better than I would have thought and I haven't been able to make it push yet -- that was Sunday's edition of Downieville.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

2wcp

I can get you tires. Shoot me an email or give me a call. steve@2wcp.com 775-303-1857. T-F 10-6 Sat 10-5.

Steve
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Justin

i get my tires from steve www.2wcp.com
Hard working and very fair.  He stayed long after dark at the track to make sure all the repairs were made and fresh tires were mounted.  He also is one of the ssa trackday instructors.
he's way more than just tires!

MotoPutz

Admin CATZ

I know that there is a very small mark up on tires.

BVH Will install your tires for free if:
1. You buy them here.
2. You remove the wheels from your bike.

If you guys need something you can always email me zach@bvhmotorsports.com I will try my best to get you the best price I can and make sure you get the best service possible.

We now have three stores BVH - NV, HSSL - UT, and TVM - ID which means we can order in bulk and get better prices.

Zach Settewongse
SSA Founder
CCO | CMO • CIP Cycles Corp.
Graphic Design & Media Marketing Dept.