Main Menu

Fernley Dirt Track

Started by renowingnut, April 24, 2010, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renowingnut

Does anyone know what the fate is on the dirt track in Fernley off Exit 48? Rumor has is that a fence is going up in the near future around the track...hence no access to the track anymore. Guess this has been talked about over the last few months. Be curious to see how the next race out there goes......

BTW, Thanks Putz for the ride today and pointers. Hope you are feeling better in the morning. Whiskey should do it. Oh wait, Blue Moon it is!!  ;D

MotoPutz

Yeah, you still owe me the beer. My ankle is feeling not too bad right now, but still in a wrap.

edmunsan

Quote from: renowingnut on April 24, 2010, 10:25:42 PM
Does anyone know what the fate is on the dirt track in Fernley off Exit 48?

Check with Fernley anchor youngster775, There is a new track at Musgtang next to the brothel. Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone. Uuuh never mind don't kill any bird's uh unless your gonna eat em.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

renowingnut

Putz...guess that is good news, will be curious to see what morning brings!
Will have the beer for ya when I get the straps back to ya when I get my bike back from Steve at 2wcp. Steve said sometime next week..problem is weather. Will need to haul it back if the snow returns again this coming week.

Edmunsan, thanks for the pointer. I will ask youngster775. I heard there was some commotion about races conflicting with Fernley, Fallon and Mustang which was causing some of the friction about the Fernley track.

zipbyu

A fence sounds like they are closing or charging.  The mustang track is open on certian days and I think it is on private property($$).

renowingnut

According to Youngster775, it will be happening. Guess there are insurance issues that are being brought to the table along with other issues not known to the public. Bummer deal for those of us who ride. I have not had a chance to run out to exit 48 to check, it will be just a matter of time.   :(

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Well there is always the Stead (Lemon Valley) Track.  Its not as nice as the Fernley track as far as grooming. But it is a track, and its open to the public.  Never been to the Mustang track but it does cost to use it. Im not sure how much and they have wierd hours of operation.

Personally I just like to carve my own or incorperate existing stuff that Ive found out in the desert.  Most of the stuff that Ive found has just about everything except prepared jumps.  Though out in Sun Valley somebody has been motivated with a shovel and some water and improved on improvised jumps.
Throttle therapy:  Live to ride. Ride for life.

renowingnut

Putz and I were out in Lemmon Valley a couple of weekends ago and found some tracks. I usually hang out at the Chickadee track with a quad buddy of mine. For those of you who ride Hoge Road on the west side of town, Forest Service mentioned that they are in the process of closing down more trails around Peavine Mountain.

edmunsan

Two tracks at the sand pits in Gardnerville beginner track is lower sand pits, advanced intermidiate upper track. Ungroomed most of the time but the track fairy does some magic from time to time. I like pay tracks cause they groom and water. There are tracks everywhere! www.mx775.com is a good place to check.

renowingnut

thanks for the heads up edmunsan. I should have known that since I use to live in Minden. Out by the fairgrounds. Is Garnderville Ranchos still a riding area, on the south end by the pits?

edmunsan

Yea I havnt been in a while I have just been diggin the Pine Nuts single track. I will take a ride out to the sand pits in the Ranchos some time soon and report on the conditions. Soon it will be very dry and slick.