Main Menu

Virginia City Grand Prix

Started by edmunsan, April 22, 2010, 10:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edmunsan

Good luck to 2smoke and all other racers at VC GP this weekend
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

2 Smoke (Bryant)

As much as Id like to go I cannot now :'(. My bike is healthy but unfortunately Im not ;D.  I have a major ankle sprain >:(.  I can still get my foot in my boot but I cant flex it enough to shift gears let alone the endure the pounding that I would experience during the race.  I can walk but slowly and would only be in the way in the pit area, so I wont even be able pit for my buddy Sam on saturday during the Pro & Expert races. 

Im so bummed. Flush another $60 bucks down the drain for my non refundable entry. The only plus to all of this is that my bike has fresh tubes and tires, everything has been adjusted and lubricated. So its ready to take out for the next trip. Im hoping to be healed up enough to maybe try to ride next weekend. Maybe its for the best my wife wasnt very excited about me riding in the VCGP anyway.  She's just afraid that I will hurt myself. I told her if I did get hurt it would likely not be any worse than if I was just out riding.  Which that was my plan all along, was just to go out and ride and get my race finishers pin.  That only takes one lap get a finishers pin.  I know I have low expectations but........... I could easily get in two or three laps in the allotted time.

None the less Im out of it till next year.
Throttle therapy:  Live to ride. Ride for life.

edmunsan

Well hats off 2 ya get well soon. Foot injuries suck! come to think of it all injuries suck!The price we pay.It's a tough track this year. I went to visit a friend whom is a course marshal today and there is mud and snow thruout the course. The bike, and racer  recovery recovery crew will be busy this event. They had a number of volunteers combing the course to break up the snow.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.