Main Menu

kevins first race!

Started by youngster775, March 28, 2010, 02:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngster775

here is kevin on the blue TTR on the end ready to take off....

then kevin got tangled up after the first jump, now were headed to the ER to see if his collar bone is broken or fractured....
what a way to get your feet wet!  :'(
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

tmylynn

Wow, Paul! He looks great. I hope he is okay...keep us posted!

Tammy

youngster775

Xray is in, he broke his collar bone in two

99 900ss duc

that sucks paul, hope he heals fast.

zipbyu

Welcome to the broken collar bone club.  ;D  Thay heal quick. 

Justin

Sorry to hear about the collar bone :(
Is it mid shaft or distal???

Motocross is the most physically demanding racing I can think of with LOTS of risk.

youngster775

Justin

I'm glad to see the fracture in that location, even though it does look ugly.

Oneup

Looks like my left one.  They heal quick.  Hurt for a little while though.  Make sure to keep the butterfly  brace tight.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

2 Smoke (Bryant)

OUCH!!!!!!  Get him back on the bike as soon as he is able.  I'd hate to see him lose interest after a one time bad get off.
Throttle therapy:  Live to ride. Ride for life.

mikey

OMG      wow that looks bad  I hope he is ok but, just like 2smoke said try to keep him interested.
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

edmunsan

Paul,Paul,Paul! I dont see a neck roll, I dont see a chest guard, Come over I will give you a set. Or maybe Kevin is wearing it under his jersey.Get him used to protective gear early. The trick is to survive the learning curve. It's bad enough there are accidents. Kevin looks great though. Let me know if there is anything I can do? I have some autographed posters of pros. I think he can use one. Oh by the way is the track still open to the public there at Fernley? And are you ready to try the dirt side?
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

youngster775

Quote from: edmunsan on March 31, 2010, 08:20:14 PM
Paul,Paul,Paul! I dont see a neck roll, I dont see a chest guard, Come over I will give you a set. Or maybe Kevin is wearing it under his jersey.Get him used to protective gear early. The trick is to survive the learning curve. It's bad enough there are accidents. Kevin looks great though. Let me know if there is anything I can do? I have some autographed posters of pros. I think he can use one. Oh by the way is the track still open to the public there at Fernley? And are you ready to try the dirt side?
[/quote/]
Hey Ed! he does have a chest protector, we need to get him a neck brace soon... I'm sure he'd love a poster, he's more concerned about finding a new front rim (taco'd) more than his collarbone  ;) and yes, so far the track is still open. @ clubs run it, otg, and the old timers... if you plan on heading out this way give me a ring, I live 3 min from the track... thanks

Oneup

Leatt brace is a better idea than a neck roll.  There is nothing that stops a collarbone break but the leatt will save him from a severe neck injury.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

edmunsan

Quote from: Oneup on March 31, 2010, 09:20:14 PM
Leatt brace is a better idea than a neck roll.  There is nothing that stops a collarbone break but the leatt will save him from a severe neck injury.

Rodger That! Leatt Cub 199.00 I use the Leatt Moto GPX Model and it has saved my ass many times. Once I hit a branch I didn't see right in the neck. Leatt blocked a potentially serious injury.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.