Main Menu

Where is the Pine Nuts

Started by edmunsan, March 27, 2010, 08:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edmunsan

In Douglas Co. The Gardnerville side is at South end of Gardnerville off hwy 395. Go East on Pine Nut Rd. go Approx 2 1/2 miles turn Left on Pine Nut Rd at 2nd Y at junction of Dump Rd. and Pine Nut. Rd go approx 3/4 mile to staging and trail head on the right (South) side of Pine Nut RD.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

n10sive

Good time to mention some etiquette here. This particular spot is also popular with Horseback riders and mountain bikers. It is considered polite to slow down and keep the noise down when passing the horses. They can spook and throw the rider. I know that I personally don't want to be liable for injuring someone out enjoying their passion (be it horse or bike).

One of the things we fight out here are a* riders who intentionally blast by the horses. This only causes animosity and problems for everyone else.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Quote from: n10sive on March 27, 2010, 08:52:00 PM
Good time to mention some etiquette here. This particular spot is also popular with Horseback riders and mountain bikers. It is considered polite to slow down and keep the noise down when passing the horses. They can spook and throw the rider. I know that I personally don't want to be liable for injuring someone out enjoying their passion (be it horse or bike).

One of the things we fight out here are a* riders who intentionally blast by the horses. This only causes animosity and problems for everyone else.

Im glad to know that Im not the only one that has some consideration for others on the trail.  I encounter a dog walker or hiker, mtn biker etc. on my favorite trails nearly every ride.  The only folks that I give an exceptionally wide birth to is shooters. Fortunately (or not) they hear me coming long before I see them. After I see them I just avoid that area.
Throttle therapy:  Live to ride. Ride for life.