Main Menu

Virginia City Grand Prix (Team SSA)?

Started by 2 Smoke (Bryant), February 13, 2010, 10:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 Smoke (Bryant)

This will be my first time racing (riding) in the VCGP.  I started the original  VCGP thread and it was brought up that maybe we should start a group (team) entry, Team SSA.  There are several groups (teams) that do this event on both Sat and Sun events.  I think this is a grand idea.  But there are going to be some logistics that will need to be worked out before this will work for us.  The pits are kinda small. Usually only the size of a 10x10 or 12x12 eze up. So mulitiple rider pits can fill up quickly during fuel up.  Not to mention the fact that the pit lanes are very narrow and crowded to begin with mostly by folks that know somebody racing and dont really have any business being in the pit area.

Now for the logistics issue.  If your serious about doing this you need to enter as soon as you can afford to on or before the 20th of March is best.  If you do it the night before or day of its gonna be $10 extra on top of your entry fee.  You must pass tech inspection.  Not that big of a deal you just need a USFS (US Forest Service) approved spark arrestor.  They will be checking your bike the moring that you head to the start line. The biggest and most important thing that you (we, us, I) will need to make happen is lodging if you plan on attending the entire event.  It is limited at best and reservation even right now will probably hard to come by in Virginia City. Even camping spots are tough to get as they fill up quickly.  If you just plan to come up and ride (race) for what ever class you qualify to race in I Strongly recommend getting up there early as parking will be at a premium and you will need to lug all your pit equipment down to the pit area before the start of the race. 

I plan to be there for the entire event. I will be there the friday before to set up my lodging. I will either be staying with a friend who is racing or I will have my brothers 30 ft toy hauler.  If I get the toy hauler I will have some extra room for bunking, and room to store some bikes and gear. 

So for those that are serious about starting Team SSA for this event lets start gettting a firm roster going. Doesnt matter what class your in or if you just want to be pit help.   The more the merryer.

So who is in??  Any and all questions about the event its self can likely be answered by going to  www.VCGP.com  or I will go my best to get you an answer if you cant find what your looking for.
Throttle therapy:  Live to ride. Ride for life.

Justin

I like the way this 2smoke fella operates.
Clear, concise, smart.   

Team SSA. . .  Who's in?

dmh2000

dave

edmunsan

My orthopedic surgeon told me NO MORE MOTO'S and that also it won't be until August 1 yr. until my foot has recovered. However Im not smart enough to listed to a Doctor Boo Hoo. I would like to ride! For now count me in as a back up rider in case we dont get enough riders.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

mikey

Quote from: Justino on February 14, 2010, 11:06:44 AM
I like the way this 2smoke fella operates.
Clear, concise, smart.   

Team SSA. . .  Who's in?

yea how kool for him to want to kick that off.  I have no dirt skill but I can hold a can of gas.  ;D
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Quote from: edmunsan on February 14, 2010, 05:28:50 PM
My orthopedic surgeon told me NO MORE MOTO'S and that also it won't be until August 1 yr. until my foot has recovered. However Im not smart enough to listed to a Doctor Boo Hoo. I would like to ride! For now count me in as a back up rider in case we dont get enough riders.

Its not really a Moto. And as hard as it will be for you NOT TO you dont have to RACE. I plan on riding my own ride, doing as many laps as I can to in the allotted time, and finish the race.  Thats why I plan on registering as late as possible so I can start near the back of the field and just do my own thing.  

Oh and there are no back up riders.  You are either going to participate or not. I dont think its allowed for you to fill in on somebody elses entry if they cannot particapate.

edmunsan

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Quote from: edmunsan on February 22, 2010, 07:41:48 PM
ohh man im shaking :P

Are you sassing me!!??  Or are you just shaking with anticipation thinking about the tons of fun to be had the 3rd weekend in April.  Sarcassim is so hard to pick up on in a web forum. Especially from guys that you dont really know.  So I just have to ask if your being sarcastic or not?

Justin

I don't understand his intention with that remark, either.   He's a nice guy, so I'm not understanding the emoticon used. 
Strange
. . . I'm looking for clarification, also.

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Quote from: Justino on February 22, 2010, 10:23:26 PM
I don't understand his intention with that remark, either.   He's a nice guy, so I'm not understanding the emoticon used. 
Strange

I could see how somebody could be put off or maybe offended by my reply to his mention of being a back up rider. But I was mearly stating what I know to be true.  As the great Yoda said Do or Do not, Trying will only result in failure.

So Edmunsan if I offended you in any way I ment nothing by it just relaying info to you about how it should work.  Please accept my humblest of apologeze.

n10sive

I don't think you can offend Ed...and since he stuck his tongue out on his post, I don't think he meant anything about it. I take it more as 'i'm shaking due to the course'.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Quote from: n10sive on February 23, 2010, 02:51:24 PM
I don't think you can offend Ed...and since he stuck his tongue out on his post, I don't think he meant anything about it.

Well thats good to know

I take it more as 'i'm shaking due to the course'.

Well I dont think it will be much of anything different than what he already rides or has ridden.  Challenging yes.  Overly hard I dont think so.  Last years course was a good one I think the only thing that really suck about last years course was going down Sutro Canyon.  Going up Sutro Canyon is tough but down was much more difficult to maintain any kind of pace. At least for me

edmunsan

I don't think you can offend Ed...and since he stuck his tongue out on his post, I don't think he meant anything about it. I take it more as 'i'm shaking due to the course'.

Ya what he said! Im just getting exited.Thanks Dale. I have never raced an event b4 that YZ 450 is my first dirt bike. Also last Aug. was my first track day and I am hooked on all of it. I want to race that VC but I dont know if I should. Just got back on the bike after my injury and Im torn between being a resposible father, grandfather,husband and employee concidering the economy, but i wanna ride and ride frikkin hard!So I get exited a lot. It's all good bro's not offended at all.

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Well thats a load off my conscience.  You just never know whos gonna get snitty over something stupid.

I can understand a totally appreciate your want need and desire to ride as fast and hard as possible to place as well as you can.  But seeing as how youve never riden in this race before, and just like me cannot prove what class you belong in you will start in the Novice class.  Plus based on your age (grandpa??) you willl probably be in the over what ever your age is class.  I will be in the over 40 class.  Just ride your own ride.  Try not to look at it as a race, but more like a really long ride with alot of your friends. Even still its hard to not want to be faster than the guy next to you.  My goal is to ride my own ride do as many laps as possible with in the time alotted.  If I remember correctly the time allotted for amature, and novice is 3 or 3.5 hours. I totally understand your position with needing to be responsible also as Im in the same boat as you. Im a father, and husband, and even though my insurance is awesome and I have like near 3 weeks of sick leave I dont want to get hurt either.  Mostly because my wife will kill me and worse yet never allow me to ride again.  Its bad enough that she wont let me own a street bike anymore. But if I loose my dirt bike I may have to find an airplane.   Untill you get a clean bill of health from your Doc just ride the Grand Prix this year.  It will come around again next year and pending any other injuries you will likely be able to RACE it next year and be competetive.  Im only doing it for fun, and the finishers pin. You know just to say that I did it and finished.  I think I'll get off my soap box now.

edmunsan

Cool I will talk to the war department se what she thinks.