Main Menu

Season opener California Motherload Ride KSU 10:00 AM

Started by GreenMachine, May 04, 2018, 08:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

05/06/18 - I-80 to Colfax, Placer Hills Road north exit then up Dog Bar road to Grass Valley, 49 to Downieville or stay on hwy 20 and take I-80 back.

Unfortunately, as much as I am chomping at the bit to ride, I have guests coming into town that will prevent me from going. I'll leave it up to whomever shows up to discuss the day's activities and what not.

Depart North route kickstands up (KSU)* @ 10:00 AM if anybody wants an easy kick-the-tires season opener ride.

North route departure. 

This will be a C paced and very leisurely ride pace, but even if some find opportunities to take it up to a B pace, we ask that you ride to your comfort level and have fun.  Never ride over your abilities.  The leaders will not leave you, just keep to the road you are on.  They will always be up ahead ready to get the group back together. 

Bring your camera as there should be some spots along the way that are worthy of a picture or two.

Lunch stop ideas:  Probably Grass Valley or Nevada City.  The group can decide.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  Expect the group to depart on the ride as soon as everyone who has RSVP'ed is ready.

North Route ride.  This is a all-riders-welcome minimum C level ride pace route, so have a great time!

As always, see 2018 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

HAVE FUN!

* KSU dependent on when everybody who has RSVP'ed is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.