Main Menu

No Cycle Gear Store in Reno?

Started by Vegasrider, July 12, 2015, 11:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegasrider

I was shocked to find out that there isn't a CG store located in Reno.  Kind of bummed, it was a great place to purchase consumables, their prices were usually lower than any dealership and I use to get up to a 30% off using my MSF RC discount, nationwide.

288RR

Yup. We don't have one. The nearest one would be the one in east Sacramento

slmoto

It's a bit of a drive/ride but the good thing about the Sacramento one if you choose to go there is it's their main store so it's much larger than many of their other locations.

Gear choices in Reno seems to be pretty sparse, I do most of that kind of shopping online. The online places are getting pretty good now days with fast shipping and accepting returns on things that don' fit...

I use Revzilla most of the time. They are an east coast company but they have a west coast warehouse in Las Vegas so often times things ordered from them arrive next day.

RedLeader

So I know Im reviving this thread from the dead, but on my way to work the other day I noticed a sign for a new Cycle Gear store in Reno.
Apparently Cycle Gear is opening a new store in the Costco shopping center on Plumb. Dont know when its set to actually open. Also it appears to be one of the smaller stores, so it wont be as big as the one in Sacramento.

https://www.cyclegear.com/store-location/cycle-gear-reno-nv-store-155
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Goes to show how much I pay attention.  I shop at Costco about every other week and I didn't even notice. :tard

Good find RL!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Vegasrider

Good to know.  I'll be sending my students there to purchase gear.  CG offers a 15% discount as long as they have their completion cards.  As a rider coach, I can get up to 30% off on certain items. 

Blunder

According to their site Grand Opening 3/31-4/1. Of this year.
If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing would do.

Vegasrider

I think it's already open.  I just received a flyer in the mail with a bunch of coupons and discounts stating that they are open.

Vegasrider

It's open! I was in there browsing.  Grand opening is March 31st.  They will host bike night on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. 

dub

Quote from: Vegasrider on March 10, 2018, 04:38:14 PM
It's open! I was in there browsing.

How's the selection and inventory? Do they have a pretty good range of products and sizes to see/feel/try on, or is it all just Bilt & Sedici stuff?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Vegasrider

The store size is average, not as big as the others like Sac.  But they do have a good selections of helmet, I tried on an Arai.  I'm thinking of switching brands since Shoei no longer offers 50% for instructors, but the Arai is damn expensive, even at 50% it's almost $500.  They can order in anything for you, remember they are owned by Revzilla.  Grand opening is Saturday, Easter weekend.  There will be vendors there setting up shop in the parking lot. 

GreenMachine

I'll be sporting a slightly different helmet on occasion as well.  Haven't given the new shop much thought.  Good to see another business in town.  I guess I should go see it just to populate my brain with their product selection.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Vegasrider

I can probably get a great deal on a bunch pucks for those who like to drag knee, but I must get one on one lessons from GM or Jerome on how to drag knee, but also on their form, the way they do it it's so beautiful.

Blunder

Cycle Gear is now dealing Arai? They're moving up in the world.
If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing would do.