Main Menu

Roll Call - Buck's Lake redo or one week late :-0

Started by GreenMachine, June 08, 2015, 05:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Planned 9:00 AM kickstands up (KSU).* Would like to start earlier too.  Whatever works.  It's forecast to be hot, so the earlier we get there, the sooner we can get back before it's seriously hot.  This will be about a 340 mile ride day.  It's 160 to the base of where we fuel up, which is the turnaround point.  We'll decide as a group where we want to lunch at.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

North route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

With the cooling rains, the forecast is looking better, not so hot and nights that aren't nearly so warm.  Might need to take in La Porte too, just for a look-see.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

Sat aft 6/13

Here we go again.  Cannot find the RSVP for tomorrow.  Is anyone going or is it too warm????

Planned to van to Sierrville and hook up with riders at first rest stop (the gas station with parking area on north side).

seems no one has responded so do not know if ride is on.  (GM if only you and I, I will ride from town with you)

Someone post up and I'll check later tonite..........can text me @ 775-772-3237 if I am missing something...........Tom (RG)
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

RG,

The RSVP is what you just did by saying you're planning on attending. Good man!  So you're going to drive the boring stuff then.  Morning temps shouldn't be a problem and you're going to miss out on passing opportunities.  Taking the smaller more nimble Suzuki or the superbike?

As of now, it's you and me.  Papasmurf was going last weekend, but I had to cancel at the last moment.  Dragon was scheduled too, but only probably out to Sierraville before heading back.  I didn't get a response from PS, so he may have showed up and ridden it already solo.  

As it turns out, I'm going to a party just down the street from your house.  Hope I don't get roped into staying out too late, but I don't plan on it.  I also don't know the people there, but Dragon apparently does.

I want to hear about IoM if you went again.  I might have to get on your computer to share some of that content.

GreenMachine

Other riders?  This is just one of your longest rides, but it's not technically difficult compared to other routes.  Take the plunge.  That's a hint 288!   ;D   You've been on this one before.  Think about it.  More pics of you in the twisties.  Eh!?  :crazy

slmoto

I'll been sitting this one out. Got to get some work done this weekend to make up for some planned weekdays off.

Have fun.

rg500nut

GM,
Was planning on leaving @ 8:30 in van , but will wait and meet u @ stbucks @ 9:00 if just you and I.

text me if anything changes,  RG
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

$2 drafts.  Chilling by the lake.  Enjoying the scenery and the roads, while hanging out with your bros?  What could be better!

I'm giving today's ride two handlebar mustaches out of two.

:greybike :grnbike 
:grnbike :greybike

:banana2 :egyptian :disco