Main Menu

28th and 1st Track days...

Started by r6775, February 16, 2009, 01:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r6775

Hey guys, My name is Andrew and I am pretty new to the SSA. I got a PM about the these $75 track days. It would be my first time on a track. I have a couple people to go with, yzinger is gonna take me around the track, but i dont have any of the protective gear except a helmet and gloves. Would anyone be willing to help out a starving college student??

yzinger

yzinger? I heard that guy sucks. Good luck with that. but he did pack putz up in a corner because he was in the way ;-) When I went out with SSA I was fortunate enough to find someone (I wont mention your name jerome  ;D) to lend my girlfriend leathers so I could take her around the track. All the SSA guys I have met are great guys. I'm sure someone will help you out.

Adiggity

About what size is a starving college student??

knucklehead

Quote from: r6775 on February 16, 2009, 01:14:40 PM
Hey guys, My name is Andrew and I am pretty new to the SSA. I got a PM about the these $75 track days. It would be my first time on a track. I have a couple people to go with, yzinger is gonna take me around the track, but i dont have any of the protective gear except a helmet and gloves. Would anyone be willing to help out a starving college student??
I've got several extra pairs of boots and two extra suits, what size are you? I'm 5'11" 175 size 10 foot.
When in doubt....

yzinger

just knowin how much r6775 is never on here, I will answer for him haha. he is about 5 11 170ish I would guess. prob a 52euro? maybe?

r6775

ya I am 5'11" and about 165ish I have no idea what size I would need like yzinger said maybe like a 51 euro??

MotoPutz

Quote from: yzinger on February 16, 2009, 01:57:49 PM
yzinger? I heard that guy sucks. Good luck with that. but he did pack putz up in a corner because he was in the way ;-)

I don't recall this... I want a rematch!!!

A DRAGON

If your friend has never been at Ferenly he might need their track liscense to use the track. It's really something that is necessary for safety reasons. I personally have 2 suits and I'm 5' 9" and around 210. Let me know if he wants to try.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

yzinger

Hey Dragon! I got a lot of heat from them the last time I was out there for a test and tune, even though I told him you said to drop your name (I won the test and tune). He was VERY reluctant to let me on the track, even though a whole slew of people could vouch for me and I had experience! Anyone going out there that weekend that the track officials can "trust" to take them on a sighting lap?

yzinger

just tryin to figure out a way we can all have fun and be safe, while taking advantage of the cheap pricing...so does anyone have any suggestions then for us that do not posess a track license, and cannot afford to poses one? Not all of us have funding for a $200 weekend every couple months..I for one will be lucky to afford anything besides 1 good weekend this year.

jlavallee

I've never seen a test n tune that had more than 20 bikes so on a track that size it should be no problem. For me, I am not racing so if I come up on a much slower rider I'll just pick an area with lots of room to pass. As long as new folks are not out there riding as fast as they can go where they're missing lines etc. then I don't see a problem. If you have no track permit you should have to ride with someone first and understand basic track flags though.

Maybe I am biased but any money that can be brought to a test and tune will only help the track so I'd like to see more people attend. I live in Fernley so sometimes I'll pop by in the morning to see if anyone is there and it's usually dead. I wonder could we get Al to do a class for test and tunes for the new guys? If enough people went it'd probably be pretty cheap.

jlavallee

Al at silverstate did the permits and yeah they're listed for a year but if you've done one then I figure that should be sufficient.

They do split the track up a lot of the time but I hate that. I much prefer the days with cars for 30 min then bikes for 30. Who can ride constantly anyway? If it's only the tech track and you have 20 guys with a lot of newbies then that is where you'll have problems. I don't think unless you have a whole lot of people that it would be bad having a few slow sessions for the new guys in the morning and say by 11 when it's getting warmer expecting them to hold a line. Maybe the flag and safety classroom stuff could be done before?

Just spitting ideas here...  ;)

yzinger

the $200 I was refer to was the rough gestimate at the 2-day weekend SSA setup...I havn't looked into track permits in a while, I cant remember what they run. But I am with the mentality of jlavalee. The more revenue at the track the better. I think we should talk to RFR and try and make it a fun day for all.

knucklehead

I'll do what I can about price but I would be happy to certify anyone on the track, just give me a heads up. Justin
When in doubt....