Main Menu

2015 ride season begins - Markleeville 05/03/15

Started by GreenMachine, April 29, 2015, 08:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 05, 2015, 07:39:41 PM
Quote from: dub on May 05, 2015, 06:50:41 PM
...You wouldn't be able to hang off the bike like a monkey and drag your knee at 20 mph if you had a new bike?...
Exactly my point.  The laws of physics would apply equally.  It's an obvious statement of fact.  I'd need more inertia on the featherlight 2015 models than on my far heavier 15 y.o. model in any turn at any speed.  Does not a heavier bike with a longer wheelbase require more effort to turn?

Both of you have flawed logic. The height of your rear sets will easily outweigh any differences due to bike weight. So get a new bike, and low rear sets. Problem solved. 
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

Another point... The new H2 is heavier and has a longer wheelbase than your bike anyway. Problem solved again.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Possibly, but neither or none runs on hybrid battery power like my beautiful ol' green girl.  Gotta do my part in riding a greener than green bike.

Plus, there's another target I want to see about eclipsing.  I've read about a guy in Illinois on a bike like mine who put a couple hundred grand on his.  I'm almost half way there.  I think I can do it.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Get your heated grips wired up. Now that I have them I will never be without them again. Simply awesome. And they make it easier to drag knee because they heat up the bike, which expands and results in a longer clip on which lets me hang off farther. It's a scientific fact!

Bigcat

dub

Gato Grande! I hope the softball schedule leaves some time for Sunday rides this summer.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Bigcat

Me too bud. Just put a new battery in the old Bird. I'm actually going to ride it any day now. :)