Main Menu

2015 Season

Started by KawasakiNoob, February 16, 2015, 06:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KawasakiNoob

Hey guys, just wondering if there is gonna be a 2015 SSA ride schedule this year? I had a blast on the one ride I made it on last year and am eager to get out there!

GreenMachine

It's February!   :spank :nana3  Pretend there is winter snow outside preventing you from riding anyway.

j/k

So we didn't totally scare you off after all! :evil1

Typically the SSA group ride calendar isn't posted until sometime around May, so April or thereabouts.  Part of the reason being is that our normal ride season is May - October.  Spring in the Sierras is typically unpredictable and usually by the first week of October, it's either getting too cold to ride or there has been snow. 

The ride schedule is a guideline of possible rides scheduled, but as stated as part of the annual calendar, anyone is welcome to post their own rides...even if doing so conflicts with the scheduled rides and even if that's outside of the normal SSA calendar.  If you're unfamiliar with our routes, post up anyway and put the feelers out that you'd like to ride on such-n-such day/time.  That's usually enough for others to get the bug and join you. 

And so that everyone knows what to expect, read the section under FYI and before the month of May scheduled rides, it'll help take the uncertainty out of it.  See <here>.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

What bike you riding this season?  Upgrade?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

KawasakiNoob

Quote from: GreenMachine on February 16, 2015, 08:27:35 PM
What bike you riding this season?  Upgrade?
Yes! I am riding a 2005 gsxr 600. got rid of my 500 for something a bit funner. I am excited to ride with you again! You guys were the first people I have ever seen drag knee in person!

GreenMachine

Get an armored riding suit with knee pucks and we can have you not only doing the same by the end of 2015 or mid-2016, but you'll be amazed by how slowly you will be able to do so.  In fact, when you're comfortable on the bike, you'll actually be going slower through the corners knee down, than you are now riding bolted in the saddle.   8)

I want to get several other riders doing the same this season.  They're doubtful of the progress, but I have confidence in them.

Do you have any bike pics to share?

Mel

GreenMachine

You do the same for me.   ;)

KawasakiNoob

Quote from: GreenMachine on February 27, 2015, 07:04:48 AM
Get an armored riding suit with knee pucks and we can have you not only doing the same by the end of 2015 or mid-2016, but you'll be amazed by how slowly you will be able to do so.  In fact, when you're comfortable on the bike, you'll actually be going slower through the corners knee down, than you are now riding bolted in the saddle.   8)

I want to get several other riders doing the same this season.  They're doubtful of the progress, but I have confidence in them.

Do you have any bike pics to share?

I am using an Alpinestar leather jacket with the armor, working on acquiring the pants/better boots! I am 100% willing to learn a lot this season.