Main Menu

3 Passes Ride Sunday, 9/21

Started by dub, September 19, 2014, 10:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

With any luck, that rain front to the north will move down and help extinguish the King fire.

So it's not all bad.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Dub, you made it back already?  How was it?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

The three of us had a great ride. No trouble from Leo, no bambi sightings, traffic was manageable, and not a single drop of rain all day.

You were right to skip it though. There were pine needles on Ebbetts and some gravel on Sonora; you would have had a terrible time.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

You guys made good time.  Glad you had a safe and dry trip.  Sure didn't miss any good football.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on September 21, 2014, 05:25:56 PM
The three of us had a great ride. No trouble from Leo, no bambi sightings, traffic was manageable, and not a single drop of rain all day.

You were right to skip it though. There were pine needles on Ebbetts and some gravel on Sonora; you would have had a terrible time.
Very funny Mel.  Not!  :evil1

I had to ride in Reno to get rained on I guess.  I actually did get rained on today.

dub

Quote from: RichVee4 on September 21, 2014, 05:31:02 PM
You guys made good time.  Glad you had a safe and dry trip.  Sure didn't miss any good football.

5.5 hours of ride time and 8 hours total time door to door for me.

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 21, 2014, 05:42:19 PMI had to ride in Reno to get rained on I guess.  I actually did get rained on today.

lol. How very ironic.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Sub-Sonic

Good, fun ride, definitely a bit of an endurance run.

slmoto

Just got back into Reno, good ride today guys.

Thought for sure leaving this morning we'd catch some rain but glad we made it with none at all.

Mel

Hey Scott, how did you like Ebbetts 8)?

Mel

slmoto

Quote from: Mel on September 21, 2014, 07:22:04 PM
Hey Scott, how did you like Ebbetts 8)?

Mel

I had a good time on it, scenery was great, cars were minimal and the no divider line didn't bother me as it seemed plenty wide.

This was also my first run on Sonora also, I'd have to say I like Sonora a bit more, the scenery a bit more grander and minimal traffic as well this time of year. However, Monitor remains my favorite of the three.