Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

3000 Miles

Started by RenoRider75, September 23, 2013, 08:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

This was from a month ago, but I've been so busy with work I forgot to post it here.  This year, I've gone from 0 to 3000 miles on my bike (3700 miles now) - but I was on my way up to VC when the odometer was nearing 3000.  I had to celebrate.   :P

http://imgur.com/a/PyCuX

I read somewhere that most bad crashes happen between a rider's first 3,000 to 6,000 miles.  I realize it's mostly just superstition (safety and sensible riding really start at mile 0) but I'm on a mission to cross that 6,000-mile mark as soon as possible.   ;D

GreenMachine

Congratulations!  That's cool you're scrap booking your early rides.  I've ammassed about 3,700 pictures since getting the greenmachine in '08.

As far as accident statistics, I don't think I can quantify my four accidents into a mileage translation.  Three were due to too much speed for the conditions into right hand corners.  The other one is an unknown, b/c my mind has blanked it out.  Either that or I fell asleep.

I've gone back and ridden each of those turns again to figure out what I had done wrong.  What I can say is that riding ability and maturity would have made the difference in each case.  And between a couple of stints at RFR and riding with more skilled/mature riders has dramatically helped in my learning curve.  Your formula is working.  Stick with it.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Quote from: RenoRider75 on September 23, 2013, 08:50:14 PM

I read somewhere that most bad crashes happen between a rider's first 3,000 to 6,000 miles. 

If it's any comfort I think my worst was close to 8k (mild highside). Did I help?  :P
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

I don't know.  Did you ever manage to land "safely" on the Mun?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.