Main Menu

395 Accident

Started by speed kitty, August 04, 2010, 08:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speed kitty

Morning All,

I know I may come off sounding like your mom, but I was stuck in traffic this morning due to a sportbike v.s. Car accident. What was a really nice bike, is now littered all over 395/Damonte Ranch exit. With my stomach turning flip flops, I watched as the rider was attended by the paramedics...not a pretty sight!!.  :'(

Please, please, please for the love of god, remember to not tailgate and watch your speed in traffic. This particular bike had passed me earlier while I was entering the freeway, and yes, he was tailgating the cars in front of me and speeding. All of that should be kept on the track...Again I know I sound like a mom saying this but I would hate to any of you in the position of the rider from this morning....Just a reminder.

dub

Thanks mom. ;)

hope the rider is gonna be ok.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

You needn't worry about me.  I like to keep my distance from cagers.  I'm the same way around riders who tailgate. Heck, I'm the one who pulls over anytime someone pushes me down the road.  "Go! GO!"  

I know accidents happen and I agree with you.  Playing obstacle course on the freeway is just madness.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Adiggity

Hey, I love my mom! Never hurts to remind us all to keep our heads on when riding the street. That is why we take it to the track. To get rid of those nasty, evil demons that make us egotistical maniacs want to go so fast. :)

Hope the rider is ok as well. Hate to hear this stuff, but unfortunately it is part of our hobby.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: speed kitty on August 04, 2010, 08:41:32 AM
Again I know I sound like a mom saying this but I would hate to any of you in the position of the rider from this morning....Just a reminder.

Thanks speed kitty, I agree with adiggity, it never hurts to remind us of what can and has happened to a fellow rider.  Will definitely have to keep an ear out for how the rider is doing now.

A DRAGON

Quote from: Adiggity on August 04, 2010, 08:50:23 AM
Hey, I love my mom! Never hurts to remind us all to keep our heads on when riding the street. That is why we take it to the track. To get rid of those nasty, evil demons that make us egotistical maniacs want to go so fast. :)

Hope the rider is ok as well. Hate to hear this stuff, but unfortunately it is part of our hobby.

+1
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Snow7

A Reno man is recovering at Renown Regional Medical Center after the Nevada Highway Patrol said he led troopers on a high-speed motorcycle chase in morning traffic.

Troopers say Joshua Sexton, 30, was southbound on Highway 395 shortly before 8am Wednesday when a trooper clocked him at 95mph. When the trooper tried to stop him, he said Sexton accelerated to more than 120mph before slamming into a car driving by Kevin McCormick, 52, of Reno.

Upon impact, troopers say a .45 caliber pistol flew out of Sexton's holster and landed on the freeway.

Sexton and McCormick were taken to the hospital, where McCormick was treated and released. Sexton is listed in good condition, but troopers say he will be arrested on charges including reckless driving and eluding an officer upon his release from the hospital.

http://www.mynews4.com/story.php?id=24606

GreenMachine

Sparkygixxer,

I'm listening to you and my little voice next time.  You were 100% correct when you were telepathically telling me, 'don't do it, don't do it.'  I have nothing more to prove.  There's always someone faster, quicker, younger, smarter, more gifted, better equipped, whatever...and if you're Wills, all the above!  :D
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

ouch I feel bad now.  Thanks Sparky :'( :'( :'(
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Like BAD bad, naughty bad or just bad?

jlavallee

And the point of mentioning the .45 was? Just the typical liberal connecting of guns with bad things even if they're unrelated? If he was not legal to own a gun, he'd have been charged with that too. Of course, he's likely screwed now.

While he was likely doing what was reported and running, the important thing is "troopers say" in this report.

A DRAGON

Jason calm down. You vented already. Do you need to Exhale too???
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

wills

Quote from: jlavallee on August 13, 2010, 08:55:45 AM
And the point of mentioning the .45 was? Just the typical liberal connecting of guns with bad things even if they're unrelated? If he was not legal to own a gun, he'd have been charged with that too. Of course, he's likely screwed now.

While he was likely doing what was reported and running, the important thing is "troopers say" in this report.

That's the media doing their job, which is why I always rely on other sources for info. Unfortunately too many rely on this source and formulate opinions from the inaccurate data/opinions.
I don't know how many times I have taken the trailer out to pick up a wreaked bike due to an "accident".  My favorite top 2 reasons for wreaks, this is what the customer told me:
2) "I hit the dirt on the road"  The only dirt I saw was on the side of the road.
1) I was too hot into the corner, so I got off the bike".  Huh??, How do you get off it???
There is no such thing as an accident, someone did something wrong as in this clown's case. He got what he deserved because he rode past his level and pushed his luck.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Can we call it an accident anyway, just so we all can feel better about it?

A DRAGON

Like I mentioned in another thread.  Damm  there's another one we missed. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750