Main Menu

Little ride this morning

Started by feenickz, August 10, 2014, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feenickz

Tim and I went on a little ride up to VC this morning, heres a little video, nothing fancy

http://youtu.be/ZeezojFo5p8

GreenMachine

I don't know if it's the 300's high RPM or the visual, but you certainly look like you're going fast.   Your lines are pretty stable.  Not bad, but be doubly safe when riding at those speeds around the TR's or any other residential area's for that matter.   

I saw a Sheriff or CHP Web site dedicated to the reasons why, encouraging riders to slow down for the safety of themselves and others.  One of the most compelling lines was, ride like you'd want others to ride in your neighborhood.  I think that's fair.  I think that applies to riding around other vehicles/bicycles on the road as well. 

I'm not going to lecture anyone about the same stuff that many of us have done, other than to say, do so responsibly and be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions.  One technique for accomplishing that is to establish a reasonably slow maximum speed, hopefully resembling the actual road's limit.   That way if you're seen at any given point, you're not really speeding, you're just not slowing down below the imposed limit.

In my wilder days, I learned this from BigCat, here on the SSA.  We'd have our fun in the lonely sections, but would hold a reasonable speed through areas lined by driveways.  Lest someone pull out in front of us on their way to the grocery store, plus there's not the sound of high revving motors zipping by, echoing through the hills.  IMO, as you get older, that becomes less appealing.  And anymore with everyone connected to everything, these people, residents or from cars, will call in LEOs and they'll respond quickly.  We saw that yesterday in Sierraville.  Two CHP appeared out of nowhere, called in about a rider on a black motorcycle passing vehicles on hwy 89 at an unsafe speed.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 11, 2014, 03:44:45 PM
I don't know if it's the 300's high RPM or the visual, but you certainly look like you're going fast.

Looked to me like the video was sped up?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Probably.  It's an old editing trick.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

feenickz

The only editing i did to the video was clipping out boring parts. The video has not been sped up. Yes I was revving the bike higher to stay in the power band.

I pretty much was at like 60mph tops (except for a few times) I felt I was riding below my limit, while still enjoying the ride

GreenMachine

My editing software allows me to select fast motion and slow motion of numeric values.  The one that appears the most natural without feeling like it's been altered too much is 125% of original.  100% sometimes has the really slow feel to it.  :angel

cobra23

GreenMachine

Here's what that same route looks like in slow motion.