Main Menu

97 degrees forecast for Sunday 06/29/14

Started by GreenMachine, June 25, 2014, 05:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BC-2

My wife and I would love to join you guys but she's not comfortable riding at a quick pace.  Would that be a problem?

GreenMachine

No.  SSA rides almost always include riders of all skill levels.  So long as she rides safely, meaning she's read the Safe Group Riding Tips in the 2014 Ride Schedule, like everyone should, she'll have a great time riding with us. It'll probably be more fun for you too having her come along.  You can ride at your pace and she at hers, then compare stories throughout the day.

We stop frequently enough and often have someone responsible who sweeps, the group gets to each destination at a pace where everyone can feel satisfied.

The one caveat would be if a rider comes along and refuses to ride at anything above 15 MPH.  I exaggerate, but she should be fine at something that resembles the posted speed limit or whatever slower speed that conditions dictate (mind you, there will be some dirty conditions as mentioned).  We've had a lot of newbies ride with us, so it's nothing we haven't already accommodated.  

And if she gets comfortable with riding some of our routes, she can post up rides of her own that negate anyone faster than her.  That might encourage others who prefer a newb pace period.

We've all been there, myself included.  And I'm still here.  :P
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

BC-2

Quote from: GreenMachine on June 27, 2014, 08:16:22 PM
No.  SSA rides almost always include riders of all skill levels.  So long as she rides safely, meaning she's read the Safe Group Riding Tips in the 2014 Ride Schedule, like everyone should, she'll have a great time riding with us. It'll probably be more fun for you too having her come along.  You can ride at your pace and she at hers, then compare stories throughout the day.

We stop frequently enough and often have someone responsible who sweeps, the group gets to each destination at a pace where everyone can feel satisfied.

The one caveat would be if a rider comes along and refuses to ride at anything above 15 MPH.  I exaggerate, but she should be fine at something that resembles the posted speed limit or whatever slower speed that conditions dictate (mind you, there will be some dirty conditions as mentioned).  We've had a lot of newbies ride with us, so it's nothing we haven't already accommodated.  

And if she gets comfortable with riding some of our routes, she can post up rides of her own that negate anyone faster than her.  That might encourage others who prefer a newb pace period.

We've all been there, myself included.  And I'm still here.  :P

Anything above 15mph.....cool she tops out at 16mph. J/k  :D  Actually, she'll be riding right around the speed limit but maybe slower because neither of us know the roads here at all.  We'll ride at the back of the group so we don't hold anyone up. See you guys at Starbucks.

RichVee4

Planning a VC lunch run today then help my daughter move.  Looking great out this morning, have a great ride.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Quote from: Richman on June 28, 2014, 07:10:21 AM
Planning a VC lunch run today then help my daughter move.  Looking great out this morning, have a great ride.
Canada?

:picspics
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

You know I like my pictures :)  I will see what I can find post a trip report.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Perfect temps for starting the ride off.  New additions to our ride group.  And the old new additions from this season.

You'd think we'd intimidate someone, but no.  ??? Taking over the Sierraville general store parking lot.

Can you feel that in the air?  Oh my goodness!  It's going to be a great day to ride.

Okay, some explanation.  The fast kids gave the rest of us a challenge after we ate lunch in Downieville.  We were told we couldn't catch the riders heading straight back to Truckee, while four of the average riders continued on westbound for a bit more before turning around.  SL, Smurf, and Dub huddled together before heading off.  Someone said, let's light them up!  Who was it that said that?  I can't remember now.  Well, we must have been on record pace, because we caught the other pack in Sierraville.  They had given up when they saw us streaking across the long straight into town.  Even old Jimbo was hiding under a tree from the pure terror that was our clan.  ;D

Thankfully the roads weren't slippery even though they were quite dirty in some patches.  Overall, a splendid day of riding and nice people to ride with.

Toml

Nice meeting you all.  I really enjoyed the day.

Tom - Blue Yammy

dub

Perfectly lovely ride today. Thanks all.

The ride down the East Shore was exactly as I said it would be: cool temps, pretty scenery and terrible traffic.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

nvgixxer

Oh wow, what a great day of riding! Eight riders having their way all the way to Downieville and back. I'm especially excited, met three new faces ALL from my home town of Carson City! They're all pretty new to town so I hope to get the chance to show them places like Ebbetts and Monitor Passes in the near future.
The first pic is of the newly created SSA-Carson City Division,  ;D
The second is captioned "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"
The third pic is at Starbucks, Tanya, her hubby Dave, Scott and Mickey.
The fourth was at the rest stop in Sierraville, prior to heading home.
I'm hoping we can continue to have a rider count similar to today's in the future! What a great bunch of people!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

I'm switching Jimbo's coffee to Yuban.

I don't remember him wanting pictures with any of us regulars.

:P

BC-2

It was good meeting you guys yesterday, thank you for letting tag along. Very nice roads around here, as are the towns and scenery.  Looking forward to exploring all the many other roads in the area!