Main Menu

97 degrees forecast for Sunday 06/29/14

Started by GreenMachine, June 25, 2014, 05:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Which is part of why I haven't posted up a ride for this coming Sunday.  The Sacramento valley is forecast for 100+, 8 to 12 degrees above normal.   That's usually not enough to prevent us from riding, but given that Saturday is going to be ~ 10 degrees cooler, I'll open it up for discussion. 

Anybody up for a short ride (less than 200 miles r/t) for Saturday?  Maybe something whereby we can go out early (but not Jimbo early (4:30 AM)) and be back before too late in the day?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Where you gonna find goat roads in a less than a 200mi round trip ride ;D

Mel

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

I'm up for a short ride Saturday. Short and early sounds good to me, I have too much to do to take up the whole day riding anyway. I'm open to whatever in terms of routes, minus goat roads, I don't think I'm ready for them quite yet.

nvgixxer

My better half and I have a dinner date with friends Saturday at 5:00PM. So, a short and early ride on Saturday is just what I had planned upon doing solo until I saw your thread GM. Yeah, I'm with slmoto, no goat trails for this kid. Been there done that over the past 40 plus years in the saddle, don't care for it. So.....................what's the plan GM? Post up lad, I don't have all day!! ;D
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

First route that comes to mind is D-ville, but John said the westbound lane is still quite dirty from the slopping of mud from the ditches onto the roadway.  That's what we saw too a couple weekend's ago.  There aren't too many alternatives in my book for a quick ride out and back.  If we can do it safely with enough spacing so the rider behind doesn't get dusted too bad.  Last weekend's ride wasn't long, but we made it into a full day by adding a lot of stops and breaks.

So what do you think about that?  It usually takes 4 - 5 hours to complete with stops in Sierraville & D-ville.  S/b back to Reno by 2 PM if we leave at 9:00, going north route.

dub

I'm in for a sat morn jaunt to dville. I'll be at the roundabout at 930.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on June 26, 2014, 06:08:54 PM
I'm in for a sat morn jaunt to dville. I'll be at the roundabout at 930.
I'm in for that then.  I'll have to show up on time for a change, so we can keep that appointment. 

Sure, like that will ever happen, right?  :P

Well SL & NV?

slmoto

Sounds good, I'm in. Where are we meeting at, 9/9:30???

Mel

Sounds like you guys will have fun! Was pondering on it, but read this part..."If we can do it safely with enough spacing so the rider behind doesn't get dusted too bad." Hell, I don't mind getting dusty, so check your mirrors and you should see my helmet...just messin' with ya ;D!

Mel

nvgixxer

Give me more specifics on this dust situation. I've seen it that way up by Yuba Pass, but it didn't extend for but a few miles. Is it bad enough that the Black Knight might get dusty? Ohhhh woe is me, you know me GM, OCD is the name of the game for this kid, tell me it ain't all that bad!!!
I'll get back on here this evening, soon to depart for an 11 mile round trip hike into Marlette Lake with wife and friends.

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

That is so weird that you're hiking Marlette.  I was having lunch with a client yesterday who said he was going to hike it too.  He's about your age as well.  Spooky.

I can only speak from what I saw two weeks ago and from what John said about Hwy 49.  It's a spotty mess, but how dirty, I couldn't tell you.  I'd have to believe from a tire standpoint, you'll see those dirt plumes coming from the next rider's rear tire.  I don't imagine it'll be a dust cloud.  I'm going to be cooling it when I see it and riding one of the tire grooves, like I always do after they mess up one of our favorite roads.

GreenMachine

Quote from: slmoto on June 26, 2014, 09:58:26 PM
SL,

9:00 AM North route Starbucks, N. McCarren & I-80.  It's map linked in the 2014 ride schedule, at the top.

If you miss us and run late, no problem.  You can either catch up to us at the hwy 89/Truckee round-abouts at 9:30 or continue on and catch us in Sierraville at the general store twenty minutes later.  I've done that in the past.  Some of the north county riders have even just met us there going through Chilcoot-Vinton, CA.

Bigcat

NV, it's the samething we run into every summer when they have been cleaning out the drainage dirches along the mountain side. Seemed a litttle worse this year but it doesn't start until after Sierra City so Yuba Pass is perfect. Not sure yet if I can make this. I'll try.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on June 27, 2014, 07:46:01 AM
Quote from: slmoto on June 26, 2014, 09:58:26 PM
SL,

9:00 AM North route Starbucks, N. McCarren & I-80.  It's map linked in the 2014 ride schedule, at the top.

If you miss us and run late, no problem.  You can either catch up to us at the hwy 89/Truckee round-abouts at 9:30 or continue on and catch us in Sierraville at the general store twenty minutes later.  I've done that in the past.  Some of the north county riders have even just met us there going through Chilcoot-Vinton, CA.

Got it, thanks. I should be able to be there on time no problem.