Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by n10sive, December 23, 2011, 12:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

Just wanted to wish those hitting the road today a Merry Christmas. Hope your travels are safe and your holidays are fruitful!

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

stimacsays

Thanks. Same to you and yours.

I hope everyone gets what they need and want.

GreenMachine

That or that the ones you are giving gifts to, really enjoy them.  Things are looking up this year.  2007-2008 were the pits and I can still remember the attitude I had about them being over.  I never want to relive a time like that again.  But this year, at least for those around me, I can say things have turned around quite a bit and it should be a holiday to remember.  Hope everyone else will have a great one as well.  And I'm looking forward with optimism to 2012.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

CptnHornblower

n10sive - are you racing this year?
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

n10sive

racing or trackdays? I'm hoping to do some trackdays. To broken down to race LOL You?

CptnHornblower

Broken down? I must have missed something. I was thinking racing. I had a good off in morning practice for Round 7, totaled the bike and got a mild concussion. I'm in the process of rebuilding the bike so I should be ready in time.

What happened?
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

n10sive

naw...I'm not racing. Too slow LOL

I took a digger at the end of the front straight at RFR. Fun times  :D

Tried to ride again the following season but my ribs re-broke so took a year off to heal. Thinking of selling my SV now and maybe getting something else. Like a tricycle heh

CptnHornblower

That really sucks, especially that it wasn't even in a race! And, I know better than the too slow bull, I saw your laptimes one the AFM site, you were faster that I hope to get after another year of working at it  :P

If you do decide to sell your SV shoot me an email, I may try to pick up a back up bike.

Hopefully you'll heal  up and get the bug again.

Team Gorgonzola

Well, I was "flat tracking" on a Honda CRF 100, Xmas morning at a friend's house near Lodi, I was having a grand time when I got sideways going about 20mph, though still in control. A guy behind me; obviously NOT understanding the spirit of "just having fun" was way too close try passing me, and hit me. His front wheel broke my extended left leg in two places and pinned it against the bike. As I fell my leg got trapped momentarily and my foot was pointing 180 degree backward. Results: Xmas at the emergency room, surgery with a rod being inserted in my tibia, nerve damage causing severe pain and crutches for 8 weeks. I have good insurance but I am sure it will cost me at least a couple of grands anyway.
No racing for me fellows, too many idiots out there thinking they are "boy racers". In fact I am reconsidering my whole (moto career  ;D) as this was a serious wake up call.
I'll pot pics later.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

dub

So sorry to hear Alberto.  Hope you heal up quick.  You'll be good as new for this summer's riding season!
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

oldBolt

That sounds painful Alberto.  Glad to here its nothing more serious.

QuoteIn fact I am reconsidering my whole (moto career  ) as this was a serious wake up call.

Life's short anyway you look at it.  Could have just as easily been picked off commuting in your car to work.

Take care and hope you heal up fast and decide to not to give it up.   

A cane and a limp can add mystery, plus you can smack people with it. (LOL)
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

n10sive

ouch Alberto! Guess this explains why you have been missing for a bit!

Hope you heal well my friend and that you have no lasting pain in your leg. You don't need that in your profession.

dub

How's your recovery going, Alberto?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019