Main Menu

A few questions about street riding boots

Started by GreenMachine, December 09, 2011, 06:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigcat

That's funny right there. Nice come back gm. Great choice on boots. I love mine..

wills

Get them in green and you will have the total transformer look perfected. The Green Goblin is now complete. All you need is this bikes front fairing:

Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

They called.  I went.  Tried them on.  Now they're home with me, ready for some riding.  You can see them on the 12/28/11 post on the previous page.

How about that!  Made in Italy.  That makes me feel good.  The old boots did their job for ten years, with the last three being the hardest.  Tonight, out they went.  Sidi Cobra Rains, Euro size 46, stamped 11.5.  My foot is shy of 11, but bigger than 10.5.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

But yours are the Vertigos, right?

Edit: Nevermind Bri.  I found a picture from last year with you in it.  You have ToTL Aplinestars.  For some reason I thought you had Sidis.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Yep, alpinestar boots but I shoulda got some with replaceable soles and I wouldn't have to buy new ones.

cobra23

Quote from: wills on December 31, 2011, 06:35:41 PM
Get them in green and you will have the total transformer look perfected. The Green Goblin is now complete. All you need is this bikes front fairing:

I donaot understand what has happend to this motorcycle..... what sort of damage is this?

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on January 07, 2012, 10:48:20 PM
Yep, alpinestar boots but I shoulda got some with replaceable soles and I wouldn't have to buy new ones.

You can send them back to A* and they will replace the soles (and other parts) for a reasonable fee, so i hear.

OR you can just take them to a local cobbler if all they need is new soles.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

CptnHornblower

I've got a pair of the SIDI Vortice Air boots. I think they're great, I've they're going into their 4th season and are still perfect. Plus, a lot of the breakable/grindable parts can be replaced. I got a pair of their dirt bike boots too and love them. I'm sold on SIDI.
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.