Main Menu

A great loss.

Started by Team Gorgonzola, February 24, 2011, 11:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

My friend of many years, Ed La Cruz, suddenly passed away two days ago. He owned and operated "Dyna Reno" the old Ducati shop in fourth street. I spend many of times at his shop talking about motorcycles (mainly Ducati of course), old times and life in general. For years we laughed, as he challenged me to loose weight, so I could fit in a Ducati suit (I believe a 42 or 44) he had sitting in his shop. As I would try it on, he would seat there and would laughed at my efforts, as I would resemble an Italian sausage, with it on.... A kind, fair, honest, and generous human being, I will sorely miss him, and his knowledge. Enjoy the ride in the sky old buddy....RIP.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

TWF

RIP
He was good guy. Sorry to hear.

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Rick Bay (BRA)

I don't know who is but I share my friends feelings...

:sorry

Sorry to hear that...

Scott

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on February 25, 2011, 12:04:45 PM
I don't know who is but I share my friends feelings...

:sorry

Sorry to hear that...

me too :(
GSX-R600

A DRAGON

RIP  Thanks for having Motorcycles for us to look at for so many years.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

cobra23

Alberto...

I am shocked. I too spent much time just yaking with Ed. I am very sad.

What happend?

Ed was the real deal. Words ... I am lost.

Peace be with you Ed. Hope there is a nice Guzzi and an umbrella girl with you now.

Shocked.

mikey

Ed was one of my best friends, he lived three blocks from my gas station and I saw him every week for gas and when he did not stop for gas I would hear him coming on his beautiful sounding Moto Guzzi Le Mans and watch him go by, on a good day he would notice me and wave. He sold me my first ducati and taught me everything I know about ducati and the passion that comes with owning one.  He would loan me special tools and then show me how to use them. Even come by the house when I cant figure something out.  And he would say "don't worry, we will keep you running just get it to the shop." and it was like he would save my life because he knew how much my bike means to me, and he would get it done.  Even off bikes he was a great story teller and if you did not have a half hour or more to spend with him when you stop you might be late to your next appointment because he loves to talk.  If I was lucky he would send me on an errand or let me do a favor for him push bikes in and out, get food or nuts and bolts from lowes. I did not care what it was as long as I was helping him for all the help he has given me. I miss him already like he was my dad :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

RBRDUC

Ed was a great man and father. I will always remember the times going to the track with Chris and his dad, He loved watching Chris race his vintage bikes.

RIP you will be missed greatly
02 Ducati 748s
92 zx7

stimacsays

RIP Ed.

I was luckey enought that our friend George insisted I had to meet you on my trip to Reno in 08.

Thanks for the time you spent giving me the history on the 750 Sport that I bought for someone else. That ment alot to me, along with you selling me your last fairing brackets for that old bike.
Also all the time you spent on the phone in your frutles attempt to find that last set of 16" tires for that old Duck.

Good luck in your endless travels Ed.

HossZX14

Yes I am a madass