Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

9/26 Ride

Started by wills, September 23, 2010, 08:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wills

This might be my last chance before the bad weather to get one more time on 162 to Bucks Lake. I am thinking of leaving about 9:30 from the usual spot, anyone else is welcome. I will need to drown out the noise of the damn yard tractors that are in town too.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

:grnbike

Haha, Wills had to create the thread I said I'd start!

I won't even let the ink dry on your post.  I'm in!!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Sounds like Qwik is pondering this ride too.  Now all we need is BigCat and it'll be a reunion.   :egyptian

Wills liked the idea of trying the Thai restaurant in Oroville, but we'll leave that decision to whomever shows.  Here's the proposed route (not set in stone), with the Pike's/Ridge Road excursion if we're feeling frisky.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Qwik

Thats what I was thinking I had a blast on that ride and winter is fast approaching.
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

Grey Goat

I just shredded Oroville-to-Bucks Lake two days ago in my S2000.  It was so awesome, had to reverse the trip back to Oroville & back to Bucks again ... great road surface & no traffic! 

If I can get out of South Tahoe in a timely manner (a footrace has 89 closed between the south & north shore), I'll try to meet-up with you all at the 89/80 off-ramp ~9:50am  ;) 

Goat

GreenMachine

This ride will work out well for those interested in the scheduled ride going the same way, but headed to Nevada City, then hwy 20 and home.

Oh I-80 traffic was backed up due to an eastbound accident.  Rubberneckers tied up traffic both ways, so our 9:30AM start better be prompt to get ahead of all the traffic leaving in the morning.   :rant

Qwik

Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

GreenMachine

I'll be there around 9AM too.  I may have to take my spare bike, b/c my main bike has a bald front tire.

dub

Wish I could make this one, sounds like it's gonna be good. 
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Bigcat

I'll be there around 9 as well. ;D

Grey Goat

GREAT ride today, even though I was wearing-out 4 tires instead of two. 

Sorry I lost everyone at the "T" ... Bill, hope you made it back to the group ... I got stuck in traffic.  Made it to Oroville, refueled at the Chevron station, couldn't find the Thai restaurant, so I charged up to Bucks solo.  Hope you all made it back without incident.   

I would have preferred to be on MilleR, but it was fun trying to keep up with everyone in the S2000. 

Looking forward to my next 2-wheel trip to Reno (spring 2011?). 

Hey Jerome, I REALLY missed you today, but understand that you are habla espanol this week?

Goat

Tahoebrian5

Ouch, that last hour is pure misery, but the other 7 hours are worth every second, not to mention the hour of pure bliss on 162. Thanks everyone for an awesome day!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Man I wished had some fresh rubber up front today, it would have made it a lot less skittish.  I kept imagining cords meeting tarmac and blowing out.  Oh man!  But it was still a great day!  What a group!  Glad to see everyone out today.  Fond memories.  I always feel like a million bucks after these rides. :banana2

Oroville wasn't too hot so long as we kept moving.  I'm not a big fan of Asian food, but I really like that Thai restaurant.  I think I ate three portions today, then later topped it off with an ice cream cookie sandwich in Quincy; good find Brian!

John, thanks for leading home.  You da' man!  We got blasted once more after you and Brian turned off, but no worries.
Aaron, you're pipe wasn't too loud.  Maybe around town, yes, but on the open road, it just sounds mean.

I didn't get to really pace anyone today.  Maybe that's because you're all better than I am.  :crackup

Bill & Goat, we waited for you guys west of the T for about 10 minutes.  I bet you could have caught us if you managed to turn around.  BTW, the Chevron is across the street from our favorite Oroville BBQ joint.  The Thai restaurant is east on Oroville Damn road about two miles on the south side, at the intersection where the Jack in the Box is.  We didn't get started back up 162 until after 3PM.

p.s. the picture is linked to today's picture gallery.  

sparkygixxer

Wills, she looks hard core   ;)

Damn you went to that Thai place...mmmmmmm, goood!