Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Heads up

Started by whiskytango, November 07, 2009, 07:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskytango

:o gieger is good, VC and the truck Route are in really bad shape.
      There are also new police aircraft paint crosses on the T. Route so watch out for the prop plain kids.
      Be safe Yo. 
CHAINDRIVEN

dr1150

You hit the nail on the head, the truck route is very sandy I almost lost it today in a few turns so everybody be careful.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

zipbyu

I never could understand this.

pilot $750-1000 a day
plane $$$$$
Gas  $350
2-3 police for the day, one on the plane and one on ground $400-600.

On the VC route you may get a few people a day pushing it, at a $150 ticket.  What justifies this spending?

youngster775

Quote from: zipbyu on November 09, 2009, 07:37:41 AM

pilot $750-1000 a day
plane $$$$$
Gas  $350

On the VC route you may get a few people a day pushing it, at a $150 ticket.  What justifies this spending?
+1 WHAT A JOKE THOSE COPS ARE!
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Adiggity

pilot $750-1000 a day
plane $$$$$
Gas  $350

I think it would have to do with the more rural areas and how one plane can patrol a much wider area than a car. Even though they have a car in the area, the car would never catch as many as a plane could.....just my guess. They must be making money or they wouldn't do it right?.......wait, is it run by the government?....nevermind. They are definitely loosing money.   :D

Maybe it's just a mind game....maybe there is no plane....... ???

youngster775

Maybe it's just a mind game....maybe there is no plane....... ???
[/quote]
LOOK BOSS DA PLANE! DA PLANE! :D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: whiskytango on November 07, 2009, 07:02:25 PM
:o gieger is good, VC and the truck Route are in really bad shape.
      There are also new police aircraft paint crosses on the T. Route so watch out for the prop plain kids.
      Be safe Yo. 
Geiger grade is the VC highway, is it clean or dirty? I am confused.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

mikey

Jason and I rode it last week and gieger is clear like, half way up just after the straight away it gets bad.  The entire truck route is dangerous
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

whiskytango

Yah I don't know if there is a name for everything up top..? Like Mikey said the climb is good but then as you get closer the VC the summit all the way down to bottom of the T. route is sketch.
      And to ad another heads up 50 out of southlake is sweet (good shapee and no cars) and just because it was  ???  :o  >:(  :D  :-X  :-\  :'(  ;) there was 19 cops from Auburn to Reno on sunday  8)
   Also Cycle Gear is doing three months same as cash and the marked down a bunch of stuff...
CHAINDRIVEN

wills

Ride in the tire tracks on the Truck Route. Gieger is fine, rode it Sunday, no sliding. You might as well get used to riding in the tire tracks as winter progresses and the morons throw tons of dirt all over the roads to quell the cries of the idiots who can't drive. >:( You ever notice that during a winter storm the most vehicles you see run off the roads are SUVs :D
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

whiskytango

"Dude I got an Escilade with 4 wheel drive and 22 inch rims and Momo low profile tires so I should tailgate you to teach you that all things are about ME,"
       >:(  :'(
      Makes me want to...!!!!!!!!  >:(  :-X ...  oh wait there is nothing I can do except not drive(or be in public) at all... Then I wouldn't have to deal with blaitent stupididty and ignorence and just enjoy my own.  :D
CHAINDRIVEN

99 900ss duc

pilot $750-1000 a day
plane $$$$$
Gas  $350

how much is one inocent live worth? taken away by someone who doesnt think they need to obey traffic laws?

the plane that they have was donated by an aquaintance of mine in washoe valley so that part was free

JetdocX

Quote from: XXXXL on November 09, 2009, 03:51:35 PM

pilot $750-1000 a day
plane $$$$$
Gas  $350

how much is one inocent live worth? taken away by someone who doesnt think they need to obey traffic laws?

the plane that they have was donated by an aquaintance of mine in washoe valley so that part was free

Avgas pushing 5 bucks a gallon...plane burns about 16 gallons per hour at cruise...add in the cost of annual inspection, oil changes and unscheduled maintenance?  Hell, give me a 210 and I'd park it. ::)

Adiggity

Quote from: scotinexcile on November 09, 2009, 12:17:04 PM
Those are the idiots that have 4 wheel drive and 1) Dont know how to tun 4 wheel drive on 2) Think that having 4 wheel drive allows them to drive just like it is a dry road(they take their BAD dry road driving habits and multiple them on wet/snowy roads)
Wait....so 4wd doesn't mean you can slow down just as fast and turn just as easy as being on dry pavement?? Maybe that is my problem......

Admin CATZ

In my more rebelious days I'd re-paint the airplane marks black. What am I saying I'd do it now if I had a bike.

Better yet black out one and then paint a new one twice as far apart, so you can do twice the speed :)

Or black them both out and paint the middle finger symbol  :-X