Main Menu

A GET WELL CARD FOR JOSE- STREET KINGS

Started by SPL, October 09, 2009, 09:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngster775

Quote from: Justino on October 13, 2009, 01:55:54 PM
Jesus F*  (sorry Jetfueler)
I feel like a total Asshole.
I had no idea the extent of his injuries.   
Does he need anything Youngster?
Does is family need anything??
pm sent
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Justin

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on October 09, 2009, 09:07:08 AM
I went to the hospital yesterday.   Jose is in stable condition but is pretty beat up.  He suffered 2 broken arms, Numerous cracked ribs, and a collapsed lung along with some road rash.   He had his first surgery yesterday and is going in for his second this morning.

Jose is ok but unfortuntly his  GSXR didnt make it.

I just wanted to let everyone know he is ok if you hear about this. He was lucky. From the looks of the bike it could have been WAY worse. 

We need to have a discussion about what "OK" means. That statement followed by "unfortunately the gsxr didn't make it" led me down a totally innapropriate road.
If it's ever this serious, we MUST have a better system of communicating information so we can be appropriately supportive.
Let's tighten this up, A LOT.

Justin

Im so frustrated.
Someone needs to go by the hallmark store, buy a big card and drop it off at La Vecchias.  We can all slip in throughout the next week and get that thing signed.  Unfortunately I have the frickin' Swine Flu and can't initiate this.  Alberto is OK with it.

Nesquik

I don't think being on life support puts you in the "ok" category  :o

Justin

sometimes intubation is used outside of life support.
ie. when they induce a coma in order to do brain surgery or to stop seizure activity the induced coma slows the brain and slows the blood supply (a little) which reduces swelling.
Technically, it still is life support, but what I mean is that you COULD be breathing on your own, but the Doc doesn't want you to.

youngster775

10-4... WE WILL GO PICK UP A CARD TONIGHT... AND GET IT OVER THERE...

youngster775

OKAY EVERYONE, I JUST PICKED UP A GET WELL CARD FOR JOSE AKA CRASH, AND IT IS AT LAVECCHIAS, AT THE HOSTESS BOOTH. PLEASE, ALL OF YOU THAT KNOW HIM, HIS FAMILY, OR HIS CLUB, PLEASE DROP BY AND SIGN THE CARD FOR HIM. HE'S A GREAT GUY WITH A GREAT FAMILY AND CLUB WHO ALSO SUPPORTS US AT SSA. IF YOU DONT KNOW, HE WAS INVOLVED IN A SERIOUS CRASH IN A INTERSECTION. (T-BONE) AN IN THE LAST FEW DAYS HAS ENDURED MANY SURGERYS. HE BROKE BOTH HIS WRISTS, HIS ARM, THEY HAD TO CUT HIM OPEN BECAUSE OF A PUNCTURED LUNG, AND HAD HIM ON LIFE SUPPORT TO BREATHE FOR A SELF INDUCED COMA DUETO ALL THE INJURIES AND PAIN. ALL YOUR SIGNATURES ON THE CARD ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED..... THANKS!

youngster775

JUST AN AFTERTHOUGHT, IF SOME PEOPLE THROW IN A BUCK OR TWO IN THE CARD WE CAN GET SOME FLOWERS WHEN WE DROP OFF THE CARD....

Rick Bay (BRA)

Nice for doing that Paul.
Last Saturday I stopped by at "car wash" event organized for the Street Kings Club to collect money for Jose and I collaborated with a few bucks…
I know him he’s a very good guy.

Note: I did not have my 1989 Jeep Comanche washed ;D . I went there just to help him.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Next time I'm going down Reno I stop by at La Vecchia. Hey Paul, for how long the card will stay there?

Justin

This is greatness.  This is the SSA.
Let's get everyone we can to head down and sign that thing. 
Let's get some balloons going, too.
What room at renown can we send stuff to?
At lease get us the spelling of Jose's last name.
Thanks Youngster.  You're a good egg.

Justin

They need to let us know when this stuff is happening.

D1NO

Wow!!! This is the SSA! Great looking out guys, will try to pass by asap...

Justin

let's get people swinging by on their lunch break.  They're open for lunch, and reasonably priced.  I eat lunch there a couple times a week.  Eat or don't eat. . . just sign the card for Jose :)

It'll be their for several days.  Just come in when you can.
A couple bucks is a good idea, but then it puts pressure on the staff.
Who ever want to contribute can throw a couple bucks my way. (optional)
Because I am going to send him something to his room tomorrow from "ALL OF THE SSA"

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Justino on October 13, 2009, 09:57:32 PM
Because I am going to send him something to his room tomorrow from "ALL OF THE SSA"

Obrigado senhor Justino....