• Road or track
• World class motorcycle components
• Proudly handcrafted in the USA
• A true American thoroughbred superbike

::) and lol.

99 900ss duc

Quote from: oldBolt on August 11, 2009, 02:28:30 PM

I think its about 39k.

better read again it said it sells for 49,999.  and its still a harley so does that make it "a sheep in wolves clothes"?

zipbyu

-  432 dry is about 465-470 pounds wet, even with every super highend parts.
-  5 speed? I know it is a "Hardly Dangrous" thing.
+ 115lb. of torque would be fun, more suited for a semi-stock drag class though than the road track.
-  I wonder what the actual dyno showed?
-  Buy one, it will be worth a lot in 25 years after the company goes out of buss. next year.  You might break even.
+  I was tring to be positive? 

jlavallee

My V-Rod has the 1250cc engine that is in this thing minus the supercharger and it is a heavy engine but does have surprisingly decent power especially when you concider the 650 lb dry weight of the V-rod. The engine was a Porsche design from the VR1000 superbike platform. 5 Speed sucks but you can't fix six in the cases and to be honest, it doesn't really need it at least in the cruiser platform. With a supercharger and lighter weight, the engine won't be the problem that much I am sure of.

I read a review in RRW (I think) a while ago that said the bike needed sorting. If it is well sorted now, it's probably be fun and hey, almost nobody who spends that kind of cash rides too hard anyway. How many Bimota's & MV's do you see at track days? If you have the money and like it then to each his own. I'll keep the R6 for track fun but I don't have a spare 50k burning a hole in my pocket either.

Justin

250cc more than the R1 with the same hp.
4x the price.
Upside?
Ducati's headlights

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Tino on August 12, 2009, 12:52:13 AM
250cc more than the R1 with the same hp.
4x the price.
Upside?
Ducati's headlights
I was going to say MV Augusta clone sans the real cool technology (pneumatic valve etc)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Justin

Alberto, you're right. . .   I should have said
"Headlights from Italy"