Main Menu

Report: SSA at MotoGP-Laguna

Started by Justin, July 20, 2008, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

I really want to hear how the Moto GP weekend went for those that were there?  Come home and type! 

Oneup

Quote from: Justino on July 20, 2008, 11:44:08 AM
I really want to hear how the Moto GP weekend went for those that were there?  Come home and type! 

You typed this before the race even started.  How are we supposed to report on something we haven't seen yet?  Oh, and the races were awesome.  I'll type a report tomorrow.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Justin

Quote from: Oneup on July 20, 2008, 10:20:31 PM
You typed this before the race even started.  How are we supposed to report on something we haven't seen yet?  Oh, and the races were awesome.  I'll type a report tomorrow.
The race, my young friend, is but one part of "the weekend"

weavefish

Loved it! had a blast!! will be back every year i can!!! Jerome was nice enough to show us were to sit :o
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

Quote from: weavefish on July 21, 2008, 12:19:46 AM
Jerome was nice enough to show us were to sit :o
Yeah.  I'm sure he did.

MotoPutz

weavefish

Quote from: Justino on July 21, 2008, 12:37:05 AM
Jerome was nice enough to show us were to sit :o
Yeah.  I'm sure he did.

you had to go there didnt you  :'(
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

n10sive

kids these days....don't know how to give a decent trip report  :P ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Resistor

It was an awesome trip, the best time I've ever had at Laguna Seca.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect!

Friday:
The wife and I left here around noon, then we were stuck in traffic on I-80 for 1 and 1/2 hours due to construction.  That threw a wrench in our plans.  We made it down to the track around 7:30.  All the nice flat spots in the Archery camp were gone, so we pitched our tent on a hill, we were even lucky to get that spot.  Went into Monterey to meet the crew for pizza.  I was good to see everyone down there and thanks again for the pizza, that really hit the spot after all that driving.  Came back to camp around 10:30 and everyone was partying, we were so tired we just passed out with all the noise.

Saturday:
Drove into Monterey to go to church.  After our pot luck lunch we made it back to the track just in time to watch the MotoGP qualifying.  Checked out the venders after the qualifying.  Saw Nicky Hayden's dad, Earl, in the Arai booth.  Then we watched the Supersport race and went back to our camp spot.  After eating dinner and hanging out with our neighbors, we went down to check out Cannery Row.  John Hopkins was down there signing autographs.  There was hardly anyone in line, it was like no one down there knew who he was.

Sunday
Had breakfast, took a shower and packed up the camp.  Spent the rest of the morning doing our vendor shopping, I picked up a new helmet.  Found a nice spot on the hill between turns 1 and 2 about 30min before the start of the GP race.  It was a good race.  Rossi and Stoner had a good battle at the front, and then to watch Spies make his way up through the field throughout the race was awesome.  We left right after the race.

Not once did we have a problem with traffic in or around the race track!  I'll post some pictures soon later.
2005 GSXR-600

Adiggity

Loved it! had a blast!! will be back every year i can!!! Jerome was nice enough to show us were to sit :o
Yeah that spot above turn 2 is the best place to watch from I think. I was bummed that I couldn't go this year, especially after seeing the battle between Rossi and Stoner. That was an awesome race. You could tell spectator attendance was down from watching on TV. How was the weather?... Ah, nevermind, Russell answered.

Thanks for the report Russell. Glad you guys had fun. But, you didn't even stay to watch the AMA Superbike race? What about Formula Extreme?

JENX!!!

OMG!!!! that race was AWSOME!!!!!! our spot at the track was very good....wish we had a tv screen to see the other turns tho., heres a coupl of shots from where we were...

a couple of bikes that was on display....Josh Herrings supersport and the mighty M1

all in all, the experience was unforgable and I cant wait to do it again.... ;D
sorry no race pictures...cellphone camera sucked...and I was having way too much fun cheering for the doctor!!!!
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Adiggity

weavefish

yea he was. but hey thats racing right. sorry my report wasnt the greatest. was only there on sunday and i drove there and back on sunday and was more than a bit wore out.  :P