Main Menu

MotoGP Wild Card - Ben Spies

Started by Resistor, May 15, 2008, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resistor

Ben Spies will be racing in BOTH the US MotoGP races this year!!!

Quote from Ben Spies:
"I hope that people get behind me on these wild card rides," Spies said. "It's good for me and it's also good for America and for AMA. I think maybe some people discount how good the riders are over here in the AMA. Myself, I'd put the top six AMA riders on par with just about any from anywhere in any series. There's a lot of talent here and I hope I can do well and make us proud. I think that the fans will cheer me on and also my fellow riders here in AMA will too."

Rest of the story:
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/May/080514-11.htm
2005 GSXR-600

Adiggity

JENX!!!

He's got home court advantage....thats crazy that MotoGP lets him do that., but i guess it will help promote the sport more here in the USA....imagine if he wins!!!! that would be insane!!!!
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

think it will be great for us state side race fans. im sure he will represent the AMA the best he can. ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

JENX!!!

so i started looking around in google for laguna seca lap records and
1:22.997..... Casey Stoner MotoGP 2007
1:23.105..... Ben Spies AMA 2008
1:23.333..... Dani Pedrosa MotoGP 2006
1:24.888..... Colin Edwards  WSBK 2002

SO....., Ben centainly has a skill to win!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Resistor

Thanks for posting those times.  Imagine him on an even more competitive bike, though it will take some adjustment, but we'll see.  Remember Troy two seasons ago, did one race in MotoGP and won it!
2005 GSXR-600

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen