Main Menu

Halo and HID lights for 03 R1?

Started by dtatum6, May 12, 2008, 10:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtatum6

Hey i am thinking about upgrading my stock lights for some HID lights and putting some Halo angel eyes in as well.  Has anybody done this?  Did you like it?  How hard is the install?

Justin

I've seen a lot of this on CBR forums, so there has to be some info on Yamaha forums.
Why do you want to do these mods?

dtatum6

I want to do the Halo lights for looks and the HID lights for better visibility at night.

NVKrawler

I just did HIDs in my bike over the weekend. Tonight at bike night will be my first night ride with them but they seem great so far and the install was 10 minutes.

Justin

Angel eyes. . . that's what BMW auto's come with these days.

NVKrawler

http://liteeyes.com/

check out this guys site, might be what youre looking for.

dtatum6

Yeah i have been to that site, its the one i am considering buying from.  How do you like the HID's?  Is there a noticeable difference?  I wanted to do the halo eyes as well but it seems like a lot of work having to take apart the lights and wire them up.  Im not sure i could do all that.

NVKrawler

Yeah, i think you have to stick it in the oven, pull the plastic apart and then get to it. Its def a great look but i am with you, i dont know if its worth all the time it takes to take the headlights out and break them down etc.

I love the HIDs, although ,most of my friends hated me last night even with my low beam on when we left. They are very bright and very white, they make the ground look more detailed if that makes sense.

MotoPutz

agreed, HID's are a great way to go!!!

yzinger

chya. I am still seeing spots after having you at the back of the pack. + 1 on the HID's. Seeing Nvkrawlers convinced me to buy mine. ordered them today!

dtatum6

Nice.  So the HIDS are just plug and play right?  They where an easy install?  Did they fit easily behind your front shield?   Do you know what kind you got?  I emailed the guy and he said i would need a H4.  What power did you get 6,000/8,000/10,000?

Yeah the Halo's look nice im just not sure i want to try my hand at baking my lights.  I could probably do it but i wouldn't know how to wire them once i installed them.

yzinger

NVKrawler is your man on this. He just did them. I ordered the 6000k. I almost got the 8000k, but it seemed a little too blue. And after seeing NVKrawler's 6000k it convinced me. basically it is just plug and play tho. Krawler?

dtatum6

Yeah i just still trying to convince myself to pay that much for lighting.  When i do i will get them.  So he got 6,000?  Did you buy from lighteyes?

NVKrawler

I got mine for 71 bucks shipped to my door in two days off of ebay.

Install took an hour because i was being anal mounting the ballast and i am still going to re do it. Hooking up the lights themself is easy as hell, hiding the ballast is the tough part, I would reccommend slim ballast.

PM if you want specifics where i got all my ish, i will send you what i sent Yzinger

dtatum6