Main Menu

Got Helmet Communicators ??

Started by Grey Goat, May 09, 2008, 03:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Goat

Members of this fine club have been considering purchasing rider-to-rider Helmet Communicators for many years.  Don't know if any brands or frequencies have been standardized in the club yet. 

I will be upgrading my old Collett snowmobile communicator soon to a new bluetooth system, mostly to hear my on-board Radar Detector (Valentine 1) without the hassle of wires (my existing V-1 has to be hard-wired into to my Collett ... the cord slapping me around at speed). 

As far as I can tell, the leaders right now are:  www.colletcommunicators.com  and  www.cardowireless.com 

Anyone out there have any actual experience with Helmet Communicators paired to bluetooth radar detectors, GPSs, or cell phones? 

Muchas!   

Team Gorgonzola

When I ride I kind of talk to myself....is that bad?? :o
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

karneybo

Carney

smoothduc

no worries, I answer myself all the time. Not bad really, I like my answers, they make more sense then real life. I sing too, sure am glad nobody listens in ::)
t' was Rocky Balboas theme song the other day. Watched the movie and it sort of got stuck.
Rocky makes me wanna work out or go fast.

I'd love that communication thing. Whatever you electronic guys decide would work out best, I'd buy it so I can chime in.
Wont sing, that's a promise. :D

yzinger

stay away from the chatterbox. personal experience. pointless for the kind of riding we do.

A DRAGON

Grey Ghost. I got a ticket on VC last Sunday for 62 in a 45 on the very top of the mountain. I think It's  time to invest into a radar detector. Let me know what you get so I can copy you. With the way the economy is going their out in force to get more revenue. I'm not going to give them any more of my dough. If I'm going to spend $300.00 bucks it might as well be for my self. Not those Assholes!!
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

DBXJ

Quote from: A DRAGON on May 11, 2008, 10:13:00 PM
Grey Ghost. I got a ticket on VC last Sunday for 62 in a 45 on the very top of the mountain. I think It's  time to invest into a radar detector. Let me know what you get so I can copy you. With the way the economy is going their out in force to get more revenue. I'm not going to give them any more of my dough. If I'm going to spend $300.00 bucks it might as well be for my self. Not those Assholes!!

anything over 70 up there now is not only a trip to lockup but your toy gets impounded too,
might be a good idea to get one now

A DRAGON

Yeah that's just Crap!! >:( I will get one soon for sure. I'd rather pay for the radar detector that give them money for bull sh#*.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

smoothduc

Quote from: A DRAGON on May 16, 2008, 01:06:43 AM
Yeah that's just Crap!! >:( I will get one soon for sure. I'd rather pay for the radar detector that give them money for bull sh#*.

YEAH!!!!!! DITTO HERE.
GOT PULLED OVER YESTERDAY :o, TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY AS TO WHY, BUT EVENTUALLY, NO TICKET. HUFF! :P
WILL PM THE GREY GOAT HERE AS SOON AS MY KID'S OFF TO SCHOOL.

DANBR

I have a beltronics rx65pro, but just burned :( was really really good.. cost me like 290bucks or something like that and saved me over 3k in tickets, or more.. seriously... just one trip to vegas last year, I caught speed traps in 4 places, and successfuly avoided them.... going like 120+

I was using it on my bike hardwired with johnny's v1's cord, I think that didn't workout good,... should had spent 20bucks more and bought the rx65's hardwire.. too late now.. gonna buy another one soon, possibly the same, cuz I really liked it

about communicators, let me know when u guys find out what's the best deal, i'm def looking for it

smoothduc

Thanks for the input. It burned?? Like really burned from a fire or burned out as in old and done?
s

MotoPutz

Sounds like he toasted the electronics in it by improper wiring...

smoothduc

oh I see...
my husband's an electrician, I leave the wire stuff up to sparky...

MotoPutz

I have my degree in electronic engineering and have toasted my share of toys.

n10sive

Quote from: Putz on May 16, 2008, 09:46:39 AM
I have my degree in electronic engineering and have toasted my share of toys.

"Smoke Test" is always the best :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike