Main Menu

Woodcraft rearsets

Started by MotoPutz, July 23, 2008, 09:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoPutz

Ok, so I just bought a pair of woodcraft rearset for my bike for the track and I have a small question for those of you that use them.  They come with spacers for the mounting of the brackets and the instruction doesn't specifically say they are optional but my stock set doesn't have any spacer. Why do they want me to add them and do I really have to? The rear master mounts to the bracket itself so that wouldn't make any difference...

Oneup

If the spacers look like oversize washers then they should go between the right rearset and the frame.   On my 600 withouth them there are clearance issues with the m/c and the swingarm.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Quote from: Putz on July 23, 2008, 09:07:55 AM
Ok, so I just bought a pair of woodcraft rearset for my bike for the track and I have a small question for those of you that use them.  They come with spacers for the mounting of the brackets and the instruction doesn't specifically say they are optional but my stock set doesn't have any spacer. Why do they want me to add them and do I really have to? The rear master mounts to the bracket itself so that wouldn't make any difference...
They come with spacers for clearance issues with certain applications. If yours fit without them, you don't need them.

jlavallee

Yep, just to confirm. Andy has it right again.

On my R6 the Leo Vince uses one of the peg mounts for the pipe bracket so you use a spacer on the upper one.

NVKrawler

Keep us posted how you like them, i have been wanting to pull the trigger on ordering them for a while now but havent...

MotoPutz

Thanks for the replies guys, thats what I was thinking was the case but I just wanted others opinions. They will be on at the track if you want to come check them out at the track... I'll be with the quad colored F4i.

jlavallee

I've got the Woodcraft rearsets, clip on's, engine covers, swingarm spools and frame protectors on the track bike and it's all top notch stuff, very well made and one beauty thing is you can replace individual parts if you ever crash.

MotoPutz

Its not an if its a when...

Adiggity

Quote from: jlavallee on July 23, 2008, 04:33:49 PM
I've got the Woodcraft rearsets, clip on's, engine covers, swingarm spools and frame protectors on the track bike and it's all top notch stuff, very well made and one beauty thing is you can replace individual parts if you ever crash.
True dat.

MotoPutz

Ok, the kit did not come with a place for the brake lever return spring...    Thoughts...

Oneup

I don't think any woodcraft rearsets have a return spring.  Mine doesn't and after looking at the website I don't see one on any other models.  Should work fine without one.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

MotoPutz

Justin

Quote from: Putz on July 23, 2008, 04:11:36 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, thats what I was thinking was the case but I just wanted others opinions.

You should have said "Thanks guys.  I didn't trust Justin's opinion at all, but it turns out he was exactly right!"
What a bastard.

Justin

A simple search on CBR.net, would have confirmed this.

What are we, your frickin' research team?

Yard Sale

Never trust a man in a pink baby doll shirt.