Main Menu

Newbie Ride Sat 7/19/14

Started by Mel, July 14, 2014, 12:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

Looks like it's going to be a great ride,  I'm still trying to make it.

Mel

That's cool Rich...4 just in your group alone!

Daniel, not trying to make it...WILL make it :)!

flamecrow, the slab over 80 to near Colfax is not that bad and you will actually take in more of the scenery on your bike than you ever would in a car...trust me ;)!

Mel

flamecrow

Thanks Mel! Looking forward to meeting you and having a nice ride out there. I need to get another battery pack for my GoPro, one does not cut it. And I don't even know what a "goat road" really is quite honestly haha.

@Daniel, would be cool to see you and the rest of the folks again :p

I'll make sure feenickz comes along with us, he helped me install my first mod to my bike tonight...the fender eliminator! :)

Mel

Cool flamecrow!! You won't regret it and this will be a start of motorcycle riding stories that you will cherish when you become old like me :)! I just posted up a story from 38 years ago in the Mel's Diner forum in the Memorable Motorcycle Moments thread that you might like to read!

If everyone shows up, I'm counting 13 so far 8)!

RenoRider75 where are you :)?

Mel

RichVee4

Flamecrow, bike looks faster already!  I like that you reused the stock turn signals, those are generally much brighter than led aftermarket ones.

GM,  get your bike all fixed up?  I'm getting a new rear tire on Monicas bike today so will be ready for our travels Sat.
Live long and prosper \V/

BC-2

Quote from: flamecrow on July 17, 2014, 11:01:53 PM
I need to get another battery pack for my GoPro, one does not cut it.

Check out this battery set from Smatree on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Battery-AHDBT-201-AHDBT-301-AHDBT-302/dp/B00AQUXN6C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1405697825&sr=8-5&keywords=smatree+gopro

This is what I was using on the last ride and they seemed to work great at a fraction of the cost of the OEM battery.  Plus, you get a separate battery charger so you don't have to use your camera to charge batteries (I use it to charge my OEM GoPro batteries too).  I believe it's the same thing as Wasabi Power which is another popular aftermarket battery sold on Amazon.

Mel

Hey, for any of you newer riders that are worried about the length of the ride tomorrow, check out NevadaWolf's story that was just posted up in this link:

http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=3649.msg38671#new

She and I (yes...she) did the Newbie Ride route last year and she had no problem on her little 300 Ninja, which is also the same bike she did her cross country ride with.

Mel

NevadaWolf

Quote from: Mel on July 18, 2014, 10:31:51 AM
She and I (yes...she) did the Newbie Ride route last year and she had no problem on her little 300 250 Ninja, which is also the same bike she did her cross country ride with.

Fixed that for you.  ;)

Mel

RenoRider75

Mrs. RenoRider and I would love to join, but this is one of those "we have all 5 kids" weekends.  It won't be too long before they can legally hang out on their own while we go for a ride, but for now they're too little.

Have fun and ride safe!  I've got a few stories to share from my first 10,000 street miles when I have time to write them down.   :D

Mel

That's too bad RenoRider75! Where are the grandparents when you need them :)!

Mel

GreenMachine

Yeah, yeah, yeah!   >:(  Front tire rubber is being installed tonight.  I'm hoping the temps are high enough tomorrow that I can melt this touring compound.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 18, 2014, 02:27:10 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah!   >:(  Front tire rubber is being installed tonight.  I'm hoping the temps are high enough tomorrow that I can melt this touring compound.

Touring compound?? whats next panniers?  :D
Live long and prosper \V/

Mel

Everyone doing their pre-ride check and getting ready :)!

Mel

288RR

Who is ready to ride?!?   Let's see what Mel has put together.  Ready to learn some more riding tips.