Main Menu

Roll Call - Markleeville and Monitor Pass - SUNDAY 7/13/14

Started by nvgixxer, July 09, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

Thanks everyone again for the ride,  it was great meeting all of you.  I'll have more pics up tomorrow

Toml

Big thanks to NVGixxer for putting together today's ride.  Great Roads + Great People = Great Time!

Toml

And big thanks to David and Tanya for the MotoGP show!

BC-2

Really nice meeting and riding with some new people today. Also very nice riding with Jim and Tom again!  Thank you guys for showing Tanya and I more great roads. It got a little toasty towards the end but our early start helped a lot as the morning temps were perfect. All and all, a great day with great company (11 riders!).  :D

BC-2

I have some photos and video to go through but for now, here's a cool photo of Jimbo exiting a tunnel.

nvgixxer

Quote from: BC-2 on July 13, 2014, 05:37:54 PM
I have some photos and video to go through but for now, here's a cool photo of Jimbo exiting a tunnel.
Great pic Dave, thanks! It just goes to show ya, sometimes there is light at the end of the tunnel, eh? ;D
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RocketRider

Wow! What a turn out! Hope to meet some of you guys soon, glad you all stayed safe and had fun in this heat
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

BC-2

Nice video Jim!  I think I heard your sonic booms when you disappeared over the rise.  ;D

BC-2

Finally Put together a short video with a few photos and video clips.  Not all that exciting to watch but it was a great ride!  I guess we can't embed videos (or I can't figure it out) so here's the link:

http://youtu.be/-YVwuCJ_y74

GreenMachine

Most excellent video BC!   :thumbup

Embedding videos doesn't work on our forum, however, you can make it look like it's embedded by posting a picture (usually from the video itself or from YouTube), then linking the YT video to the entire picture code. <more>

Picture is the video link.  Go ahead, click on it!

Here's the HTML code to make the picture above link to your video, only with unnecessary spaces before the URL & IMG tags, so you can see it in its raw form.

[ url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YVwuCJ_y74][ img]http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4105.0;attach=2065;image[/img][/url]

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

NICE video David! Who was that little black dot in your rear camera, you know, the dot that kept getting smaller and smaller and eventually disappeared from view?  GULP, I think that was me............yikes! I'd love to see a video of you and GM going at it someday with front and rear mounted GoPros on. Now that would be real entertainment!  :)

Hey guys, check out other videos of Dave on the track! You can click on them at the end of this video! WOW!!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

BC-2

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 14, 2014, 10:55:10 PM
Most excellent video BC!   :thumbup

Embedding videos doesn't work on our forum, however, you can make it look like it's embedded by posting a picture (usually from the video itself or from YouTube), then linking the YT video to the entire picture code. <more>

Picture is the video link.  Go ahead, click on it!

Here's the HTML code to make the picture above link to your video, only with unnecessary spaces before the URL & IMG tags, so you can see it in its raw form.

[ url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YVwuCJ_y74][ img]http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4105.0;attach=2065;image[/img][/url]

Ok, I thought it was me.  Thanks for the tip!

BC-2

Quote from: nvgixxer on July 15, 2014, 05:43:11 AM
NICE video David! Who was that little black dot in your rear camera, you know, the dot that kept getting smaller and smaller and eventually disappeared from view?  GULP, I think that was me............yikes! I'd love to see a video of you and GM going at it someday with front and rear mounted GoPros on. Now that would be real entertainment!  :)

Hey guys, check out other videos of Dave on the track! You can click on them at the end of this video! WOW!!

Jimbo

Oh now, you were just cruising along trying to make me look good.  It didn't work, that clip is a little embarrassing because I totally didn't know where the turns were going which is why my lines were so bad.  Thank you again for setting up the ride Jim, Tanya and I had a great time!

RichVee4

Great video Dave.  Also watched one of your track videos, dam that bike is fast!!!  Nice riding and looks like a lot of fun. 
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Quote from: nvgixxer on July 15, 2014, 05:43:11 AM
... I'd love to see a video of you and GM going at it someday with front and rear mounted GoPros on. Now that would be real entertainment!  :)...
I'll dispel any thoughts of my 'going at it' with another rider.  I discourage that type of behavior on the street.  If you want to see what it looks like for me to ride with a superior rider, like Mel or BC-2, it looks a lot like what you're seeing with the disappearing NVgixxer.   My fun level ends when we start riding fast.  But I know what you meant Jimbo.  ;)

By the looks of it, even with BC-2's inexperience on Monitor, he's riding much faster than I or TB5 have.  And yes, I watched some of his Fontana videos last night.  Very impressive stuff.   :o  The boy knows how to ride fast and safe.  He almost makes it look easy, which is the hard part.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.