Main Menu

Roll Call - Markleeville and Monitor Pass - SUNDAY 7/13/14

Started by nvgixxer, July 09, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvgixxer

Quote from: BC-2 on July 09, 2014, 09:39:00 PM
Very nice group shaping up!  I just finished setting up a TV at my shop.  Just in time for the MotoGP race Sunday so if you guys can come over to watch the Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland after the ride.  My fridge is stocked with a bunch of drinks too.  ;D
Dave and his wife are new to the area and recently moved their online motorcycle accessories store to Carson City from LA. His store is really laid out nicely and I am looking forward to showing the two of them the awesome ride routes we have here in the Sierras.

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

Jimbo, you are an early riser, a 5am post!  Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting some new faces.   Daniel, or anyone else going from Reno, I will be at Mavericks south Reno base of Geiger at 7:15.  Leave there by 7:25 gets us to Carson a little before 8.
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

Quote from: Richman on July 10, 2014, 07:01:56 AM
Jimbo, you are an early riser, a 5am post!  Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting some new faces.   Daniel, or anyone else going from Reno, I will be at Mavericks south Reno base of Geiger at 7:15.  Leave there by 7:25 gets us to Carson a little before 8.

Sounds good. Are we just going to head strait down 395?

RichVee4

I was planning to just cruise down 395.   Heck, you are so familiar with that ride you could probably get a little more sleep in :)

What did you have in mind?  Maybe on the way home a different route :-\  Kingsbury to S Tahoe then Mt Rose?? (construction be dammed)
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

395 down works just fine for me.  Yup.  I can get a little more sleep.  The bike knows the way

Toml

MotoGP after the ride sounds good, Dave.  I wonder if anyone will beat Marquez this year?

dub

I don't think I'll will be available on Sun morning to make the ride, but I may be able to come down and watch some racing with ya'll.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

BC-2

Quote from: Toml on July 10, 2014, 07:25:31 PM
MotoGP after the ride sounds good, Dave.  I wonder if anyone will beat Marquez this year?

Good question, the guy is simply on another level.  He's had to work for a couple of his wins so Sunday is likely to be another good race!  If anyone hasn't seen Saturday qualifying, we can play that before we watch the race as well (only 15min).

BC-2

Quote from: dub on July 10, 2014, 09:20:14 PM
I don't think I'll will be available on Sun morning to make the ride, but I may be able to come down and watch some racing with ya'll.

I think we'll be back between noon and 1pm to watch the race.  If you want, pm me your number and I can txt you when we're headed to the shop.

flamecrow

I'm going to join you guys, I'll be there at 7:15. I've only been riding for 4 months and never ridden with more than 2 people so you'll have to give me a debrief before we head down :)

Excited to finally ride and meet some of you guys!

288RR

Quote from: flamecrow on July 11, 2014, 07:07:17 PM

I'm going to join you guys, I'll be there at 7:15. I've only been riding for 4 months and never ridden with more than 2 people so you'll have to give me a debrief before we head down :)

Main thing is,  don't push your self harder than you feel comfortable with.  It's not worth wrecking. 

nvgixxer

Looking forward to meeting you flamecrow. A few of the riders this Sunday have never ridden Monitor Pass before, so this going to be more of a familiarization ride at a slower than normal pace for most. Kick back, relax and enjoy the scenery. Cameras and/or GoPros a must!  :)
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

BC-2

Look forward to meeting everyone too (As mentioned above, my wife and I are new to the area).  BTW, my wife and I won't be going very fast so don't worry about the pace, we'll be at the back cruising.   :D

flamecrow

Quote from: BC-2 on July 11, 2014, 08:09:54 PM

Look forward to meeting everyone too (As mentioned above, my wife and I are new to the area).  BTW, my wife and I won't be going very fast so don't worry about the pace, we'll be at the back cruising.   :D

Speaking of cruising, I just got a speeding ticket going 30mph in a 20mph zone about forty minutes ago. I honestly did not know I was going that fast, I had one hand on my lap and one hand on the throttle and was cruising by when the Sheriff turned on his lights.

I really did not feel like I was going fast but I am just not sure, it is likely I was going 30mph and just not aware. I don't mind paying the $115 citation, I'm just really more bummed not knowing what my true speed was so I can correct myself. I usually ride with my GoPro on my helmet and tonight I didn't because I didn't charge the battery :(

Oh well, I hope to see you guys this Sunday. No worries, I'm not a speed junkie either...I ride a 300cc bike ;p

GreenMachine

Try using a GPS on a ride or two to calibrate in your head real speed v. speedo speed.

FC, please brush up on our group riding etiquette within the 2014 group ride schedule. Your mind will be more at ease knowing what is expected of you: ride safely.

:bluebike :blackbike :bluebike :greybike
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.