Main Menu

may 2nd ride ROLL CALL

Started by bkrblood, April 15, 2010, 06:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

Truckee Forecast:

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 59. Northeast wind between 5 and 15 mph.

bkrblood

hopefully i will remember to bring my camera tomorrow! lol
John Bovet

Rick Bay (BRA)

Chip, Fernando and Ruben are going too. So we meet you guys at the corner of Hwy89 and Fwy80. Who are going to call me before you guys leave from Starbucks?  8) 8)

Bigcat

Rode this route today and her's what we can expect. 80 and 89 are good. 49 over Yuba is still dirty in some areas but not in the tire lanes. 49 from Bassets to Downieville and beyond was  awesome  ;D. Almost no traffic today and the temps were perfect. Should be a good day again tomorrow. See everyone in the morning.

bkrblood

thanks for the heads up big cat ive never gone this route before and this will be my first ride with you guys! cant wait! jw anyone know about how far distance it is and how long time wise
John Bovet

Bigcat

Rick, if you want to pm me your info i'll make sure you get notified when we pull out.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Bigcat on May 01, 2010, 06:33:54 PM
Rick, if you want to pm me your info i'll make sure you get notified when we pull out.

thanks BigCat. ;)

Justin

20 to truckee, 25 to Sierraville. 30 minutes to Downieville.  The first stop in Sierraville is about 20 minute break.
After 49 split there are two descending radius lefthander (uphill) the second one is called "dead man's curve"  If you look through the turn you won't target fixate on the wall.
Do not get caught up in the excitement of the first group ride.  It is a long season and there is no reason to take yourselves out now!
Go slow, have fun.  This way you can do it again.

bkrblood

was glad to see such a good turn out for the first ride. ive got some pics that i will try and get posted. maybe next time those few people will make sure to wear the gloves in the morning so they can somewhat feel their hands.
John Bovet

Jp_Rio

Sorry about not being able to make to this first ride guys. (Un)fortunatelly I sold my ninja this weekend and couldn't buy another one on time for it. But pretty soon i'll have my new ride and wont miss a weekend. Hope you guys had a blast and still looking forward for the ride. And awesome job on getting the track days back, btw. I cant wait for that neither!

What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Rick Bay (BRA)

Very fun ride. Fast riders. No accidents!!
It was awesome. Paul, nice job sweeping the road because when we came back the big rock wasn't at the road anymore. Lol  ;D
Nice to see everybody again. Nice metting new people. 
Dale and Josh, I though I was going to see you guys today.  :-\ 
Thanks everyone  ;)

Qwik

All I can say is WOW what a great time  ;D It was a blast riding with everyone.  Thanks again guys it was a  pleasure meeting everyone.
Aaron
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

n10sive

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on May 02, 2010, 05:54:32 PM

Dale and Josh, I though I was going to see you guys today.  :-\ 

Sorry Rick, had some things come up and wasn't able to make it. Hope to see you and everyone else on another ride!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

I was very impressed with the level of safety shown today.  That's hard to find in these large groups.

Here's a sample picture taken from today.  There are eight other general pictures too.  And one of the Attack Chicken.  Click on the picture to see the gallery.  Enjoy.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

youngster775

I'd personally like to thank everyone that showed up for the group ride today! It was a beautiful day and incident free. I'd like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Bigcat for bieng our ride leader, and it was my pleasure to sweep. Everyone rode awesome, and what a great turnout! cant wait to do some more! Really helps to get us mentally and physically prepared for all these trackdays we have coming up. THANKS EVERYONE! ;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F