Main Menu

First street motorcycles

Started by zipbyu, December 16, 2009, 01:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zipbyu

This is my frist street motorcycle(not actual picture).  1988 Honda Hawk GT650.  I bought it for $2000 in 1995.  I took my riders test on it, and kept it for 3 years.  I don't know why I ever sold it.  It was a really good bike.
     Please post up yours, we would all like to hear/see.

Mike

My first 96, CBR600.

How are you guys posting your photos?

Track It!.

Member of the SSA since 1996

Adiggity

My first, 2003 R6 special edition. Now stolen and I'm sure parted out all over the place.  :'(

dmh2000

my first. honda 305 dream (not the actual bike, but just like it)

it got stolen after I had it for a couple of years.  6 months went by. I got a call from the police station. "we found your bike. come down and drive it home". I was excited. went down there to get it. all there was was the frame. no engine or wheels. nice.
dave

n10sive

1977 Yamaha RD400
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Got myself hurt a couple of time on it...

edmunsan

Quote from: zipbyu on December 16, 2009, 01:42:00 PM
     This is my frist street motorcycle(not actual picture).  1988 Honda Hawk GT650.  I bought it for $2000 in 1995.  I took my riders test on it, and kept it for 3 years.  I don't know why I ever sold it.  It was a really good bike.
     Please post up yours, we would all like to hear/see.

That bike got alot of what Ducati used on later models. Totaly bitchen man
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

edmunsan

My first street bike was a 1978 Honda CB 200 then I had a tank slappin body baggin screamin RD 350
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Team Gorgonzola

It was a 125 enduro SWM with rotax motor.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

zipbyu

That is great guys.  The topics have gotten a little mild tasting to me and I wanted to spice it up a little.  Keep it comming, very interesting so far.

Justin

Myron,  This is the best thread ever!

quote from an online journal:
For a time, I owned a relic with some serious brute force torque. Honda's reputation for over-the-top designs continues today with the VF- and VFR-series bikes. In the 80's, there was the Magna and the Sabre, which introduced the world to a new efficient engine design, the V-four. When Honda debuted the Magna V65 in 1981, it was touted as the fastest production motorcycle!

Adiggity

Quote from: Mike on December 16, 2009, 02:01:59 PM
How are you guys posting your photos?

The way I do mine is using photobucket. It makes it really easy. You just create an account, upload your pics and it instantly makes you links for email, web and hot link. Then just copy and paste the hot link here. (the hot link is the one that has "[img" in front of it)

Yard Sale

1977 Honda CB550 Super Sport

But in reality my first bike, the one I really learned to ride twisties on, ride in the rain and on the snow and on goat trails, was my third bike, a 1987 Kawasaki EX500.

99 900ss duc

RedLeader

Quote from: XXXXL on December 17, 2009, 04:03:44 PM
one just like this
That a Honda 150 or something? I think one of my friends has a similar one. What year was it?
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka