Main Menu

Weekend ride ideas? 09/20/14 - 09/21/14

Started by GreenMachine, September 16, 2014, 07:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on September 17, 2014, 02:32:26 PM
Sounds awesome, I'm in. Btw... 36 to Tioga.. Joking! I'm so misunderstood
I rode with you last weekend, so I knew you were kidding.  Besides, you say that one all the time when we're out riding. 

I still like the idea though, so don't stop repeating it on my behalf.  :|)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

I might be up for a Sonora ride. We once did Markleeville-Monitor-395 to 108 (Sonora Pass)-up and over to Dardanelle and reversed the route.
SPECIAL ALERT - forecast is calling for rain and lightning in the Markleeville area on Sunday, but more or less clear and good to go on Saturday.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Tahoebrian5

Hmmmm, I could change to Saturday. Willing to take a risk on Sunday also if you guys don't have the option
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

slmoto

Quote from: nvgixxer on September 18, 2014, 05:33:38 AM
I might be up for a Sonora ride. We once did Markleeville-Monitor-395 to 108 (Sonora Pass)-up and over to Dardanelle and reversed the route.
SPECIAL ALERT - forecast is calling for rain and lightning in the Markleeville area on Sunday, but more or less clear and good to go on Saturday.

I'd slightly prefer Sat over Sun but I can go either day.

dub

Quote from: nvgixxer on September 18, 2014, 05:33:38 AMSPECIAL ALERT - forecast is calling for rain and lightning in the Markleeville area on Sunday, but more or less clear and good to go on Saturday.

That's not how I interpret this forecast.

National Weather Service:

Saturday - A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday Night - A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday - A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Looks exactly the same both days to me.

Weak low pressure will move inland across CA today (cross your fingers for rain on the King Fire) and will hang around in Southern CA and the Western Great Basin through Sunday night. Weather for us will be clear West of the Sierra while the Low presents a chance of showers East of the Sierra.

I'm not changing my plans based on 20% chance of precip in one part of where we will be. Also, I'm not available Saturday.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

I am out of town Sat but would be open for a short trip Sunday if anyone wanted to grab lunch somewhere. 
Live long and prosper \V/

PAPASMURF

lots of good ideas for rides, both sat or sun. but so far as i can tell, nothing definite.
would be nice to go either day. RAIN or SHINE. ha ha.
S1000R
R1250RS

288RR

Quote from: RichVee4 on September 18, 2014, 05:24:49 PM
I am out of town Sat but would be open for a short trip Sunday if anyone wanted to grab lunch somewhere. 

what do you have in mind for sunday.  Im stuck working sat.  so a short lunch trip sounds good for sunday

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

PAPASMURF

anyone up for a sat ride? just read about the sunday rides. ride to a place on hwy 70, SCOOTERS for lunch.
from north four bucks there, is about 3 hrs. with a stop in Quincy for refueling(total 152) then on to lunch.
just a thought. mrs smurf wants to ride so i did this one for her. 830/9am
tally fugging ho :2cents
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

I had a client emergency come up tonight that I'll have to address (work) tomorrow, so Sunday will be my only opportunity to ride this weekend.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

My work blew up also. Looks like I'm not riding this weekend
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.