Main Menu

Wednesday Ride 9/12

Started by wills, September 10, 2012, 03:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wills

Let's see, I took the CBR to Rt 162 last week so different bike to different location this time. This is going to take a couple of days! :o
Gotta go somewhere.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Mel

Hey Wills,

What about this route? I posted it up last week but no takers.

http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=3710.0

Is that your other bike in your avatar?

Mel

Mel

Oh wait, that looks like a CBR turned streetfighter now that I look at it closer!

Mel

wills

Nope, the pic is Eleanor, my Italian temptress. That route has way too many 1-80 miles unless I ride the tourer with it's cushy seat and windscreen! I have to be back by 4:30 to pick up a car in the shop. How long a ride is it?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Mel

I've learned since moving up here that you have to put on some miles just to get to any decent twisties. It's 84 miles to Colfax, but going on a northern route to Quincy you are riding over 50 miles before you ever get to any real corners. You would not want to be on a tour rig on this route except for a sightseeing tour :). I'm definately no fan of slabbing it, but if that's what it takes to get to some awesome twisties, I'm ready to adapt and overcome 8). That route is 300 miles and should have no problem making it back before 4:30.

Mel

wills

I just returned from the F..kn DMV. Pay them $1100+ amd the attitude is their doing me a favor? Kiss my Donkey!
Now I really need to ride! OK Mel where & when, say 9 Am or something?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Mel

Hey Wills,

How about 9:00am at Starbucks on N McCarran and I-80? I would still like to do the Iowa Hill/Mosquito Ridge route as I have not been on those roads on my bike. I'll check on here in the morning to see if you're in. Hope to see you there.

Mel

wills

I can make 9:30, have 1 thing to finish and then open for the rest of the day.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Mel

Wills,

Cool, I'll see you there at 9:30!

Mel

Mel

Wills,

It was good meeting you today and a great ride! There were some challenging roads, but the Concours seemed to handle them just fine. I think the highlight for me was coming around that corner and seeing the 2 bear cubs in the middle of the road :o. Hope to ride with you again soon.

Mel

wills

Next Wednesday might be the 162 Mother load Ride! :P
A good ride for the CBR.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Bigcat

Hmmm might have to clear the schedule for that one  ;D

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 14, 2012, 10:46:47 AM
I hate you guys!  >:(

Now you know you have to take a day off once in a while...right??
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East