Main Menu

Weekday Ride 9/6/12

Started by Mel, September 03, 2012, 06:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey guys,

Looking for some company on Thur 9/6/12 to play on the goat roads over in the Mosquito Ridge area. You should be comfortable riding on narrow, twisty, bumpy roads. 

The ride will start at the Starbucks on N. McCarran by IHOP off of I-80. Departure time will be 8:30am and we'll head over I-80 and exit at Colfax to take Iowa Hill Rd to Sugar Pine Rd that drops down on Foresthill Rd. Most folks don't know about this route over the mountain. We'll turn right on Foresthill Rd and head down to Foresthill and fuel up for those that need it. From there it's out Mosquito Ridge Rd for a ways and then a right down Blacksmith Flat Rd which goes down to Oxbow Resevoir and continues on up the mountain to French Meadows Rd to French Meadows Resevoir and then back down Mosquito Ridge Rd to Foresthill. From Foresthill we'll head back up Foresthill Rd and go back over Sugar Pine Rd and Iowa Hill Rd to Colfax and jump on I-80 for the ride back.

If you haven't been on these roads, parts of Iowa Hill Rd and Blacksmith Flat Rd make Mosquito Ridge Rd seem like a freeway. There are some pics in a previous thread I put up last week for this same ride titled "Goat Roads Anyone?". I had originally posted up this was a spirited pace ride for experienced riders only, no newbies, but that has changed. We can ride at whatever pace is comfortable for you. I'm just looking for someone to ride with. Post up if you can make this ride.

Mel