Main Menu

well ive gone and done it

Started by bkrblood, March 06, 2010, 04:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

finally got up over 100 mark. hit 123 in 5th and then ran out of road and had to get off.
John Bovet

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

99 900ss duc

Justin

I feel largely to blame here.
Half the wheels=Twice as many things to go wrong, and if you're traveling double speed your reflexes have to be four times sharper. 
Anyone can pin it in a straight line, and pretty much all of us can get to 60mph in roughly three seconds.

SLOW DOWN.  Yes it feels good but there is too much to go wrong and you don't yet have the skill set required to cope with problems.   We want to see you at the track, not read about you in the paper.

edmunsan

Know your fun zone: Mine is between 30mph and 70 on the road. There is a difference of 5 MPH between comfort and panic. I have had one track day and it wasn't the front straight high speed that was as much fun as the second and third gear turns. To me its not how faast I can go, but how gracefull I can do it.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

zipbyu

Wow, you have done something we all are guilty of.  Dont forget the wheelies.  We really dont post any of that type of behaviors.  The majority of us are a little more responceable and have a great respect for the road.  The unknowen is scary, also the lack of a controled enviroment.
We take it to the track. It is alot safer and just plain fun.  You can get a track date soon, or go out to the track with us to get that out of your system.  Get the gear and be safe........   

whiskytango

My new favorate is going above and beyond to use all my MSF skills and obeying ever traffic law.    ::)
     Really though if you want a challenge ride around on 160 horses ready to go at your command but ride them like you are walking around in a busy fair ground with a loaded Bush Master ACR.
     Survey the others on the road like they are your unpredictable, volitile enemy.
     Think about the habbits your are creating ( blind spots, lane position, SCAN.)
     And if you want to put a long empty straight to good use...  go 70 then practice HARD  braking to a stop and if the road is definatly empty ad alittle position change in your lane under heavy brakes
     123 will make you feel alive (I hope) but being comfortable slamming on your brakes will possibly save your life

Oh yah BLA BLA BLA & BLA I'm a Moto Nerd   ;)
YOU WILL LAUGH BECAUSE THIS SUMMER WHEN YOU ENTER TURN 1 @ RFR  @ 111 MPH ALL THOSE 123 RUNS ON THE ROAD WILL SEAM TRIVIAL  8)
     be safe

CHAINDRIVEN

whiskytango

wrap this around the old brain in regaurds to how safe the sport bike is......
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_conversion_80_miles_per_hour_into_feet_per_second

Humility should trump ego...
CHAINDRIVEN

bkrblood

i know you guys i was being stupid just got excited bout getting my bike back and yea. dont worry you guys im ridding smarter now and i know that those speeds are meant for the track. i would love to hit up a track just of course money factor. sounds like everyone here really looks out for each other and i do appreciate that!
John Bovet

RCFLAGGER

Stupid is as stupid does........   Famous words right?   Here's something else for all of you to chew on.....    In all my years  of track work, and in the modern history of motorcylce roadracing there have been no fatalities to date!!!! Most all offs, yes even highside get up and walk away.......   I;ve done Moto GP ,AMA, all with no serious results .  Two years ago at RFR during the morning practice for the 70 lap endurance race we had an off, fortunately with prompt medical response the serious injuries sustained were promptly  treated,  the rider stablized, Lifeflighted, & into surgery .   People I've also seen what STUPIDITY can do the human body, the sound it makes after hitting asphlat helmetless & uprotected (t-shirt & jeans ) is truly unforgettable,,,,,,,, as is the indent in the side of a tanker truck, the body folded in on itself (nose touching  the soles of tennis shoes).   The  four hours spent looking for a fellow rider only to find his body up in a tree some twenty to thirty feet up from the road.  He's in wheelchair but alive.......     Some of you may have wondered why I'm "such an  asshole " at the track....  mostly it's my job to protect "my people" from themselves!!!  Yes everyone on my track is "my people"........!!!!!!           A ritual I do before engage a gear.... say a word or two to the Gods, & SLAP the back of my helmet  just to remind me........ THANKS for listening & have fun out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* 8)
RACING is the only form of compitition......everything else is just a GAME.........  '84 GoldWing ,'82 KZ1100-D, '75 Kaw Z-1 900, '73 Honda CL-350, '69 Honda CT-90

Justin

I know exactly why you act that way at the track. . .  and I like it. 
My track ritual, you ask?
I ride over to the ambulance crew and tell them how much appreciate their presence.
It gets my head centered.

RCFLAGGER

Actually the only trackriding I've done has been on my Goldwing on a private track w/ Al Mc , his family &friends..... nothing spetacular but fun none the less.  No it's my all the time ritual, street,strip, or track....    I'm working on something alittle more sporty than the Golodwing, the Kz 1100-D, so we'll see about next time on the track.............. :D
RACING is the only form of compitition......everything else is just a GAME.........  '84 GoldWing ,'82 KZ1100-D, '75 Kaw Z-1 900, '73 Honda CL-350, '69 Honda CT-90

Justin

I'd do it those places too, but I'm a track only rider.

I've seen too much, and know too much