Main Menu

Freddie Spencer's Troubles.

Started by Justin, January 02, 2009, 08:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Did you guys read about Freddie Spencer's troubles?
Honda has repo'd the bikes.
Instructors not paid for months.
Abrupt closure of the riding school.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=34774

Justin

ahhh. sorry for the old news.  I just read it in RoadRacing (January '09)

A DRAGON

I hope Freddie gets it together. We need these people to be successful. It only helps us out a lot more.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

Yeah, as Alan said, it was a big topic for a while on BARF. One of the AFM fast guys and BARF members was one of his instructors. (Ken Hill) There were a few crazy rumors floating around but who knows what the truth is. I just hope everything gets worked out and he gets his school going again. Never been to it, but I've heard nothing but great things about it and was looking forward to going sometime.

Justin

Quote from: Adiggity on January 05, 2009, 09:18:02 AM
but I've heard nothing but great things about it
I'm sure you mean 'Up till now'
Not giving someone their deposit back is pretty bad. 
Please keep in mind that I have not read any of the other forums. . . my analysis is solely from the erratic behavior described in the article i read, but in my experience, a drug or gambling problem is often the culprit. He was always a hero of mine, and an acquaintance of my dad. I wish him well.

Adiggity

Quote from: Justino on January 06, 2009, 12:38:22 AM
Right. That is what I meant. But keep in mind there are always two sides to a story. The media can report pretty slanted versions of things. How many people would watch the news if they reported nothing but good things? People want drama....reality TV definitely proves that!  :D

dmh2000

Quote from: Adiggity on January 06, 2009, 08:29:04 AM
Quote from: Justino on January 06, 2009, 12:38:22 AM
Right. That is what I meant. But keep in mind there are always two sides to a story. The media can report pretty slanted versions of things. How many people would watch the news if they reported nothing but good things? People want drama....reality TV definitely proves that!  :D

for sure if a business goes bankrupt, all payments are stopped until the court approves so he may have had no choice about the deposit.
dave

Justin

Via e-mail:

I am very sad to be writing you this letter. I am a former AFM and WMRRA road racer, and a current track day enthusiast in Virginia. As a road racing fan of many years, I have looked up to Freddie Spencer as a guru of sorts, and I am sure I am not alone in this regard. While my wife doesn't always understand my passion, she certainly supports me in my motorcycle pursuits. For my 40th birthday in March of 2008, she surprised me with a booking at the Freddie Spencer High Performance riding school for July 23/24 at Miller Motorsports Park.

Needless to say, I saw it as the opportunity of a lifetime. A few weeks before the date, I was called and informed that the school had been canceled due to lack of riders. I was told I could reschedule or get my money refunded. I waited for a several weeks, and realized due to my work schedule and travel plans, another date in 2008 was not in the cards.

When we tried to get the deposit money back, our efforts went nowhere. No phone calls answered, no e-mails or FAXes with any response. We had sent Freddie Spencer $1200. Now, when I try to access his web page I am greeted with this: "Due to current economic conditions and drastically increasing costs, Freddie Spencer's High Performance Riding School has ceased operations for the time being."

Well, I too have been affected by the current economic conditions. I wanted to go to Freddie's riding school. Now I am out $1200. I had hoped a person of Freddie Spencer's reputation and achievements would do better. All I want is my deposit back. Absolutely shameful stuff.

Michael Baylor
Charlottesville, Virginia

Justin

Roadracingworld.com attempted to contact the Freddie Spencer High Performance Riding School at (888) 672-7219. An automated system answered and transferred us to a voice mail system. Messages left were not immediately returned Thursday afternoon local time.

A link to Freddie Spencer's High Performance Riding School:

http://www.fastfreddie.com/

Adiggity

Quote from: Justino on January 07, 2009, 07:34:46 AM
Roadracingworld.com attempted to contact the Freddie Spencer High Performance Riding School at (888) 672-7219. An automated system answered and transferred us to a voice mail system. Messages left were not immediately returned Thursday afternoon local time.

A link to Freddie Spencer's High Performance Riding School:

http://www.fastfreddie.com/
Not to beat a dead horse, but that has me wondering. Were the messages ever returned? It just says they "were not immediately returned"..... ??? Why would they say it like that?

Yard Sale

Journalists say that tecause they have a tight deadline for the story and they are admitting they are not giving the subject much time to return their call.

Justin

I hate the media.  All of them.  Don't trust them at all.

The client claims he had an offer for 'money back or reschedule'
He is now unable to reschedule.  He needs his money bank

If they said that. . . they need to hand it over.

(I watched a lot of Judge Wapner)

n10sive

Judge Wapner....isn't he a prime time show where you are at now Justino?  :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Adiggity

Uh ohhhh, 5 minutes till Wapner......

If Wapner says it, it must be true!

Justin

Quote from: Adiggity on January 08, 2009, 08:42:22 AM
Uh ohhhh, 5 minutes till Wapner......

If Wapner says it, it must be true!
I'm an excellent driver. 
Actually, the andy griffith show is on round the clock here.